Chapter 14

Jennifer's pov

" Carter! We've got a big problem! " I shouted and I entered my house and my brothers rushed downstairs to see.

" We are being followed " I said and placed the two notes that Reece got.

" Shit!!! I knew this was gonna happen at some point! " Ian shouting angrily smashing his fist against the table.

" Give me those notes " Ian said and placed the notes in front of it and started examining it.

" Give me a pencil, quick " Ian said and Carter rushed and gave him one. He turned the first not on the wrong side and starred shading the back of it.

" What are you doing? " I asked him confused.

" You'll see,"  he said and continued shading. A few seconds later, he stopped and turned the paper towards us.

" ************* " Ian said and showed us the number he just read on the paper.

" And how can it help us? " Reece asked.

" The one who wrote this note to you can be related to this number and we may get a clue"  Ian stated.

" What if we don't get anything from it,  how can you be so sure ? " Reece asked

" What do you suggest Einstein, we sit here and wait for the clue to come to us or move our asses and try to find out about it. Even if we do not find anything, we would be sure that's we didn't leave any stone unturned " Ian said and Reece just nodded.

" Just go and do your work, we'll look into this matter " Ian said, kisses my forehead and went away with Carter away.

" So baby, I'm going, I have some work at the base, so see you later " Reece said, gave me a quick kiss and went away.

I went upstairs, took a bath and changed my clothes and started doing my chemistry assignment when my phone started ringing.

" Hey Jace " I answered.

" Hey " he replied.

" Damn, it feels like I haven't talked to you for ages " I said.

" Ya and Miss Jameston is too busy with her boyfriend to even think of his old buddy and didn't even feel the need to talk to him! I can fell how important I am in your life " Jace complained.

" Ok ok, I'm sorry and I didn't forget about you " I said in my defence.

" So. What are you doing tonight? " Jace asked.

" Nothing, just chemistry assignment " I said.

" Stop being a nerd and change your clothes, I'm picking you up in 3 hours and we'll have fun like old days " Jace said.

" Ok, see ya " I said and hung up. I went to my brother's room and to tell them that I'll be going out with Jace tonight and they allowed me without asking question.

later after completing part of my assignment , I took a bath and finished wearing my clothes and i was sitting downstairs waiting for Jace to come.