Allies

Fourth chapter here... Sorry if I made any mistakes, English is only my second language.

I will try and post a new chapter every week. There are six more.

-----

"So, best case scenario we have to deal with three clans worth of Free-People. Right? "

"Worst case scenario?"

"Let's just say it'll be one of us for each one of them."

"So, what then?"

"Let's say two more fingers, Rale."

Trini was under the impression that bringing a map to their secret meeting site was too dangerous. That's why today, when they really needed it, they were forced to improvise. Several suggestions were made. They ended up using their hands. Trini was very familiar with the map of the known world. She spent many nights studying it, after all. And she had the skill required to arrange the seconds' fists in the proper way to represent a map. Then they would hold out fingers to represent the number of people. Each finger was five hundred.

"This isn't working, Trini." Luna looked at her friend in concern.

"I know. Even if only half of them had guns." Trini stepped back to think.

"We don't know how much ammo they have. Maybe they're short." Don tried to contribute.

"No, no. We need Azgeda to win. We have to acquire an Ice Nation representative." Trini spoke up.

"Not Ontari?" Luna asked.

"Ontari is too loyal to the Queen. Does anyone know someone else who we could trust?"

Everyone was quiet. Not a single hand in the air. The truth was Azgeda mostly couldn't be trusted. They didn't exactly try to make friends. Just like their Queen they didn't want anything to do with the other clans. They considered themselves special.

"Fine. We'll come back to that next time. Meeting adjourned." Trini gave everyone a hand signal and soon they were all clearing out of the room. By now they've learned that exiting at the same time arises too much suspicion, so they left the room in pairs until there was no one left but Trini, Lexa and Luna.

"You were great today, Trini. The opening speech was inspiring." Luna patted her best friend's back.

"I liked it, too." Lexa smiled.

"Well, I can make a thousand great speeches, but it wouldn't get us anywhere. We need someone to represent the Ice Nation or we're doing all of this for nothing. Isn't there anyone from there who has a normal relationship with Trikru?" Trini was looking desperate.

"I actually have a suggestion", Lexa just remembered there was one person from Azgeda that she didn't hate, "Roan. You should ask Roan."

"Prince Roan? Lexa, I appreciate you trying to help, but he is Nia's son. He would never go for it. Would you help someone work behind your mother's back?"

"I'm helping you." Lexa smirked.

"That's different. I'm your sister. I have no connection to Roan."

"But Anya has."

"What do you mean?"

"I saw them kiss. In the woods. They thought me and Costia couldn't see them, but I did."

"He must be the mystery man." Luna sounded excited.

"Lexa, I need you to be absolutely sure." Trini immediately saw an opportunity. She didn't like blackmail, but sometimes the end justifies the means. She already had a certain pull over Anya for that lie about abandoning Lexa and now she had this as well.