Enemies

Here we are at the half of the story. I sincerely hope somebody is reading this. Anyway I would appreciate it if you told me what you like and don't like about the story... I'm thirsty for feedback.

-----

"You called for me, Strikheda?" Luna said smiling. She was just informed by Costia that her presence was required in Trini's room.

"Is everyone going to call me that now?" First it was Roan, then Costia this morning, and now this.

"We'll see. So what is going on?"

"I finally have an idea how to find out if my dad is telling the truth about Frikru. If they really are the tolerant equality-lovers they say they are."

"How?"

"My dad is recruiting. He's going around the clans, one village at a time, making speeches and raising his army. And a lot of people are joining him. And so will someone from our group."

"What?"

"I need someone to pretend to join Frikru to gain intel on them and then pass it off to me. I was hoping it would be you."

"You want me to join Frikru?"

"Yes. I want you to join their army; make friends, get a look at their capabilities. But I will not make you do anything. It's entirely up to you. Take a few days, think about it..."

"I'm in."

"Luna..."

"I don't need to think about it. I am doing it. Also, we don't have a few days and you know it."

Roan also had some information he had to share with Trini so he rushed from the entrance to her room's door. He slowly cracked it open when he saw she wasn't alone. The conversation seemed serious so he didn't want to interrupt. He just stood there, peaking through the crack and listening carefully. More like eavesdropping. It was force of habit with him.

"You need to be sure, Luna. It could be quite dangerous. We don't know these people."

"That's why I'm doing this, right? So what if your dad is laying? What if they are as bad as your mother?"

"Then you escape and we tell everything you managed to find out to Heda. And we take Frikru down."

"And if he's telling the truth? We'll still crush them?"

"Then you'll tell Keni the truth. Lincoln and I will pack everyone and we'll join Frikru, too. For real. "

"You're going to tell your mother?"

"No. Just me, Lincoln, Lexa, Costia, Roan and Anya. The seconds can go if they want to, but I doubt they will. Most of them won't leave their families."

"And what makes you think Roan will?"

"He loves Anya, it's obvious. He's not that bad, he'll do better without his mother anyway. And I'm not leaving them behind to be charged with treason for something that I started."

Roan couldn't keep listening after that so he knocked and entered.

"I did what you asked, Strikheda. Keni's at Floukru today." he said causing Trini to roll her eyes.

"Great job. You can go now. That's all I needed."

"I'm sorry but I overheard a part of your conversation. You're sending her as a spy?"

"I am. You want to make fun of that too?"

"Far from it. I thought I could take her to Floukru to Keni. We'll take my horse, wear disguises, and nobody will recognize us."