Chapter Twenty-Nine: Bella's POV

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE:

Bella's POV:

I couldn't stop thinking about what Hermione had said this morning- 'well it wasn't the first time, and it certainly won't be the last time'.

Edward had always been so strict about setting limits, boundaries. 'I don't want to hurt you', 'it's not safe'... and I had accepted that. But Hermione and Alice had made love, and Hermione was unscathed, looked perfectly satisfied, and was even making jokes.

I wanted that. I wanted that intimacy, before I wasn't human anymore. Weeks. I had weeks left. And before I was a vampire, I wanted him. Even if it was just once. Sex, I found myself realizing, was one human experience that I didn't want to miss out on.

On the car ride back to my house, I didn't speak, didn't say a word, I was so wrapped up in my thoughts. I didn't even notice Edward had pulled over until we were parked on the side of the road, and my hands were in one of his, his other hand tilting up my chin to look in his concerned, golden eyes.

"Bella, are you okay?" he asked, looking worried. I gave him a wobbly smile.

"I-I've got a lot to think about." I tell him.

"Tell me." He murmured, squeezing my hands ever so gently. "Let me help." I feel the blood rush to my cheeks, as I think about actually doing it, actually telling him what I'm thinking.

As I struggled to find the exact right words, he tilted his head slightly, seeming a touch confused. "Your heart is fluttering like a hummingbird's wings," he said, "are you alright, love?"

"I'm great!" I basically squeaked, blushing even harder.

"Bella... you're worrying me," he frowned, "please... just tell me what you're thinking!" I take a deep breath.

"Okay, I want to talk to you about that whole marriage thing- you know, the whole ridiculous you'll only be the one to turn me if I marry you first." Edward's mouth twitched into a smile.

"It's only ridiculous to you, love." He chuckled, pressing a soft kiss to my knuckles.

"Edward," I take a deep breath, "let's just clarify your prerequisites. And then we'll discuss mine." He raised an eyebrow.

"I wasn't aware you had any prerequisites besides being turned." He said, his voice a mixture of confused and curious, "and you know what I want." He reminded me, and I pulled a face.

"Matrimony."

"Yes," he smiled a wide smile, "to start with." The shock spoiled my carefully composed expression.

"There's more?" I squeaked, eyes wide.

"Well," his voice, his tone was cautious, his words carefully chosen, "if you're my wife, then what's mine is yours... like tuition money. For Dartmouth." I cringe slightly thinking about my recently received acceptance letter that I was 95% sure Edward paid for.

"Anything else?"

"Well... I wouldn't mind some more time."

"No! Absolutely not! That's a deal breaker right there!" I just about growl, and he sighed longingly.

"Just a year or two?" I shook my head, my lips set in a stubborn frown.

"Move along to the next one."

"That's it. Unless you'd like to talk cars..." He grinned widely when I grimaced. "Now what did you want? I'm extremely curious." His voice was low and soft, "I honestly didn't realize you wanted anything other then being transformed into a monster."