Chapter Thirty: Hermione's POV

CHAPTER THIRTY:

Hermione's POV:

A short giggle escaped Alice's mouth as she leaned back against the head of her bed, with me sitting up next to her. On my lap was a portable DVD player that she'd found somewhere, and in front of Alice was a pile of movies which I had given her the task of choosing one from.

Bella and Edward had left, around ten minutes ago, and Alice and I had decided to spend some more time together.

"What is it?" I asked her, and she turned and gives me an amused look. "In a few minutes Edward and Bella are going to have the 'sex' conversation." I laugh, trying but unable to picture Bella confronting her boyfriend about wanting to have sex.

"How does it go?" I asked.

"Well, a point in her favor he does end up agreeing to give it a try. Point in his favor, she's about to be engaged." I almost choked on my own saliva in my surprise.

"Engaged? Bella?" I ask, incredulously. "Bloody hell! I had no idea she was that desperate for a good shag!"

"I love it when you speak all British." Alice purred, kissing my cheek, before pulling a movie out of the pile. "This one?" she asks. I give it a quick once-over then shrug.

"Sure." I agree, before pausing and frowning. "She had better ask me to be a bridesmaid."

"She does. Well, maid of honor, actually." Alice corrects, with a small grin. I elbow her.

"Spoiling the surprise much!" I huff. Alice gives a wide-eyed, innocent look.

"What on earth are you talking about?" I laugh and kiss her forehead.

"You're lucky I love you, Miss Alice."

"I am." She agrees, curling up and laying her head on my shoulder as the opening credits roll over the small screen. "Now be quiet so we can watch the movie." I laugh and do as she says.

I've found that's usually the wise thing to do. Alice is the most adorably stubborn creature I've ever met.

-

After the movie, Alice and I wander down to the living room where Jasper, Maggie and Emmett have set up what looks like some kind of War council- large map of Forks, plastic, multi-colored counters and all. Edward had returned, and was talking with Carlisle, in a low voice.

"Where did you get the counters?" I ask them, genuinely curious.

"Board game." Emmett grins, looking anticipatory. I resist the urge to roll my eyes at him. Honestly, he's such an overgrown child.

I study the battle plan, a thoughtful expression on my face. "So do we know where the newborns are coming from?"

"We're not exactly sure which path they'll take, because they don't know yet." Jasper tells me, "but we do know they'll be coming from the mountains. The false scent Bella will leave to the clearing will excite them, and when they catch our scent, they'll split up and try to come at us from two sides."

"Half will come through the forest," Alice speaks up, "and that's where my visions disappear, so we can safely assume that's when the wolves intercept them."

"And the rest will come to the clearing, where we'll be ready and waiting." Jasper finishes.

"Will Victoria be in the battle?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"No." Alice says, grimacing as she shakes her head. "I can't see her, not even flickers."

"So she'll be watching somewhere." Jasper surmises.