[prologue]

I can't breath, I can't breath.

It's so dark down here. I can't see anything.

Mommy, I'm so scared. Where's Auntie? I can't see anything!

Save me, someone...

Your eyes flew open when you felt someone shake you awake. Leaning over you, Isabel's long hair grazed your face as she sighed in relief.

"Oh, thank god." She whispered. "I was so scared..."

The first thing that hit you was the pain in your stomach. It was grumbling in agony, and you placed a hand over it, trying to ignore the pain despite it eating away at you.

When you sat up, the world spun around you. You felt bile coming up from the back of your throat as you gagged.

"You'll be okay, we'll be fine." Isabel whispered in a high pitched voice, but you could feel her hand shaking as she patted your back.

You didn't respond. All of a sudden, as if there was something caught in your throat, you made a choking sound.

Your eyes widened. You couldn't breathe, you couldn't move. Trying to cough, you only saw the splatters of blood landing on the ground.

"Aneki!" Isabel cried in horror. "S-Stay here, I'm going to go find help!"

Help? You thought weakly as you felt your body go heavy, only able to watch Isabel as she ran out of the ally you two called home.

Who would help trash like us?