☆Chapter 5☆

(Y/n)'s POV

"HE WHAT?!" Yondu shouts through the intercom of my ship, making me flinch slightly as I gripped the steering wheel of my ship. I grimace slightly, glancing over at the holographic screen of his face while focusing on driving my ship. If he weren't blue, his face wouldve been red in anger.

"He got away." I lied as I kept a straight face, "He took off somewhere before I had the chance to catch him. I looked everywhere and found no sight of him." I claim as I rolled my eyes.

"I CANNOT believe you!" He growled with a scowl. I huff with a pout.

"It's true. I'll catch him next time though." 

"What if there isn't a next time?!" Yondu snarled.

"There will be. And if it fails again, I'll try again and I'll keep trying until I catch him." I defended as I glanced over at him and back straight ahead. 

"Until I'LL catch him if you keep messing up." He growled as I sigh deeply.

"Whatever you want, Yondu. I didn't even want to go and try to catch him but you kept threatening to go and get him." I huffed with a frown, "I'm not even one of you guys anymore so I don't understand why you keep coming to me for this bullshit."

"Don't you dare talk to me like that." Yondu barked as he pointed a blue finger at me, "Remember, I raised you and kept you from-"

"Getting eaten. I know! You tell me this all the time!" I snapped, "I'm not a kid anymore. And I'm certainly not YOUR kid so I don't know why you keep acting like you're my dad. You TOOK me from my real dad. From my family. So you don't have any right to control me like I'm some kid of yours. Now I can see why Peter left your ass!"

"What did you say?!" Yondu yells.

"You heard me!" I yell back as I stopped the ship and looked at him, "You heard every word that left my lips! I'm a grown adult. I can do whatever I want and you can't do anything about it." Yondu was about to yell again before I see his eyes look at my neck and he scowled.

"What are those on your neck?" He asked, trying not to lose his metal top that was growing a orange red. I freeze and used th collar of my jacket to hide the hickies on my neck.

"N-Nothing." I spat with a frown.

"Those are from him? So you did catch him?!" He barked, "You caught him, slept with him, and let him go!" 

"I didn't sleep with him!" I barked back before blushing a little, "I mean, I-I did sleep with him but I didn't do anything with him! Why do you even care?!" I yelled at him.

"So you admit that you let him go?" He asked as he slacked his jaw a bit, I frown more as I huffed.

"Yeah so what? It's not a big deal." I grumbled. 

"IT IS FOR ME!" He shouted. I growled softly.

"Whatever. You get him then. I'm so done with your bipolar, helicopter, father figureness." I reach a hand over to hang up.

"Don't you dare hang up on me, (Y/n)! If you hang up on me, I'll find your ass and rip you a new one-" I hang up on him as his infuriated blue face disappears. I huffed as I stomped my feet angrily, leaning my back against the seat with my arms crossed over my chest. Fuming with anger a sense I stared ahead at the black void with twinkling stars.

"He acts like I'm still 17. He's not my dad nor my boss." I grumbled grumpily, "I'm 25 damnit, I can do whatever I want. Sleep with whoever I want. Get hickies with whoever I want. Even if it's from Peter." I grumbled the last part without realizing I even said before I did and I blushed madly, "No... That was only one time, we were drunk. I mean, I might have had a little crush on him when we were back on Earth. But that doesn't mean..." I trailed as I blushed, my anger lingering away. I sat up in my seat with a sigh as I started to drive again.

"We're just friends. Nothing more than that." I say to myself as I started become conscious of how quiet and lonely it was inside my ship. I sigh softly as I started to feel a bit  sad at the loneliness, "But I wish we were more than friends..." I say quietly to myself as I continue to drive into the black star filled abyss.

Star-Lord's POV

"Call me an rodent again, green face!" Rocket growled at Gamora, who rolled her eyes. We've been driving for hours and all the others did was bicker. Well, I bickered a bit but I gave up and focused on driving.

"But you are a rodent." Drax claims calmly with a slight tilt of his head. Rocket moved his glare from Gamora to Drax.

"Shut it!" He barked, "Don't just butt your ass in an argument when you're not even part of it."

"How can I have tackled my rear into a verbal conversation?" Drax asks in slight confusion. Rocket's eyes twitches, gripping his head in a frustrated yell.

"We weren't even close to arguing." Gamora claims with a huff.

"Yes we were!" Rocket shouts.

"I am Groot!" Groot says.

"Can all of you shut the hell up?" I barked in irritation as I felt as if I popped a vein, "God, you guys have been at it for the past 4 hours and it's getting annoying as hell."

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Rocket huffed as he crossed his arms.

"What did you say?" I snapped in annoyance as I looked back to glare at him, still driving.

"You heard me, asshole." He says, "Ever since that chick left this morning, you have been acting like you got your panties tied up in a knot." 

"Quill wears female undergarments?" Drax asks with a brow raised, confusion written ove his features. Rocket bursts out laughing.

"No! It's a figuration. And I am not acting like that."  I added defensively.

"Rocket's right you know." Gamora says.

"Whose side are you on?!" I say with a whine.

"Neither. I'm just stating the truth." Gamora answers calmly, "Do you truly like her as JUST a friend?" 

"I do!" I say defensively.

"Why are you getting defensive about it then?" She asks as she looked over at me.

"I'm not getting defensive about it." I say stubbornly as a light blush creeped to my cheeks, "I just haven't seen her in such a long time and wished we hung out more. A friends!" I say the last part hesitatingly, hoping she didn't catch the hesitation. She looked at me before looking away.

"Hm." She hummed, I guessed she chose to pretend she didn't notice my hesitation. "If that's what you want to believe yourself. Fine." And it was quiet for a while. I exhaled deeply through my nose. I mean, she wasn't wrong. I kinda did like (Y/n) as more than a friend. And I felt like a total idiot after what happened last night at the bar. I still do. If I just had approached all of it differently, I could've asked her to join us. What a wasted opportunity. Now it would take how long until we meet again. Forever probably. I just hope it's soon.