Prologue

"     My name is Alicia Starling. You may not have heard of me, nor my role to the parallel universe of the society. Being the goddess of fairy tales, I make imaginations come to life as I continue to make everyone believe in what they see, in what they wish, in what they believe... "

     Today was the day, I came down from the heavens in the sky and dared to walk the surface of the earth. I knew I was invisible ,but I just wanted to take a look on how everyone continues to dream, or continues to imagine. I skipped every person as their imagination dwell into words that speak to me.

     ".. When I grow up, I will live in a castle like Cinderella and marry a prince!..

      .. Time will come when I find the beanstalk Jack climbed and reach for the skies!..

      .. One day, I will be able to fly unlike anybody who can just walk...

      .. I can already  see it, one they give me my gift, I will be the happiest person alive!.. "

     All these thoughts I hear about dreams coming to life, but also I have a dream of my own... Knowing what those stars really are and reaching for them. Although I make imaginations come to life, I myself can't make mine do. People always have insights of hope as they are motivated by others to believe in it, just like me who helps them see through the fog of deception. I can never see my dream or even dream of my dream at night. I never even had a family for me to be inspired of, just be happy of me seeing others happy. Well enough, looking at them with cheer is more than enough for me as an accomplishment. 

     in the midst of darkness, I continue to walk over the brick pathway, eyeing over the green pastures that were once orange then now white. The clear trail over the park faded with ice with every step I took, leaving another trail of the same past and again, another space for snow to fall into. I knew I was cold to everyone even if they knew I didn't exist, just too cold. Too cold that, they won't believe I exist at all. It was just a heartbreaking realization for me, although I'm the one giving them a portion of hope and a fourth of motivation.

     Everyday of my day, I just wonder why I'm just here, starting to feel pretty useless as I just do the same thing at the same time, at the same place. It's starting to feel indifferent with hearing people being happy, but forgetting the ones that make them happy. Then it came up to me, if I'm such a person who was made to warm hearts, why do I have the abilities to create ice figures, grow frosty fern patterns everywhere I walk into, freeze everything I touch? Why do I use ice to create the imaginary figures I use for everyone to believe in?? Of all the things, why ice? It's just so ridiculous. I just know that without enduring pain, there would be no definite happiness. Now that I continue to walk under the shady moonlight, I continue to wonder why I was brought here to a useless position.

     Under the ambient light, I crept low and lay on the snowy grass. The skies were closing open, revealing the stars that always dotted across the verizon of my eyes. I look around and compare the brighter ones to the less, the more colorful ones to the plain, and the likely to twinkle than the stationary. Later, I saw a man and his daughter skating by the frozen lake, just so cheek-blushing to see a father teach his daughter so innocently and learn, passing down the abilities and making her the more precious one. I slowly moved myself to the lake as I heard the girl having no hope of learning and fearing that she'll get hurt.

     ".. Come on little one, you wouldn't learn without a little pain..." I whispered it to myself, watching her slowly stand up and slowly gliding across the lake of ice. As she started imagining of herself becoming one of the greatest skaters, I gave her hope, emanating all the vision she could see as I created invisible figures of a dazzling skating rink and people coming to watch her perform, figures made of ice that only she herself can see. I was making her believe she  could do it. 

     Amidst all the joy, the little girl fell down as I was shocked. As she nearly cried, I insipred her once more, standing up along with the moral support of her father. Starting to dance all around, an ambition was made. She was at the midst of wishing for a dream, and I made sure she'll keep believing until her dreams do come true. She started to skate all around, hop little spins. A little later, the girl fell a violent twist as i came in pretty shocked with the situation. As she cried loudly, I couldn't stop but watch the brutality I have made. Sooner than expected, the ice cracked, leaving her father slipping into the cold waters as he drowned. The girl was imminently shocked as she was left helpless with her broken ankle and lost dad, no one was there to help. My heart started skipping beats as I was paralyzed by guilt as I was bedridden from what I was doing. What do I do?!