Vault 8

It's been twenty years or so since the war broke out. During the war nukes destroyed most of the inhabitable land. Therefore, people were forced to move into vaults underground. Since then I was born. I was born into Vault 8. My mother is G60 and my dad is D31. They're both lower ranks like I am. However, my dad works with higher ups in in the advanced reactor, and my mom was high class her whole life before the war.

I'm G61. Born and raised in Vault 8 and currently the youngest. I don't have a real name like most of the others since the vault banned it. Those with names aren't allowed to speak of it either. I really wish I knew my parents names. I know they have them since they're both from out of vault. But to be honest I don't know much about my parents. I know the most about my mom. Since she works in one of the diners I get to sit and talk to her. She's a Jew from England who traveled here alone for many miles, she's also a blue blood, and she likes nuka-cola. My dad however, I'm not allowed in his work area. I've heard a lot about him though. He's an African American professional football player, he has several other kids, he also likes cats and yoga, just simple things. Sometimes I dream about us being a real family. I know my dream will never come true and that's why its a dream.

I was a planned baby. My parents were matched together by higher ups and told to have a child. Before that they barely knew each other existed. I doubt they love each other romantically but they definitely love each other. The more I seen them the clearer this became. Thats one reason I let go of the dream of us becoming a family. That's where B14 comes in.

I met B14 in the game room on the sixth floor. They were decked out in T-45d Power Armor which I now know they never take off. As their name says, they were B rank not A, the top rank. Although they weren't top rank they were more respected than A1. They were also the first to achieve all fifty medals, and they travel the most outside of the vault. But there was also a lot of rumors about them which I always asked about.

"Is it true you were born a girl?"

"That doesn't matter since I'm neither a girl or boy."

"Are you and A1 together together?"

"-Ha. A1 is my partner yes."

"Is it true you have several kids and they aren't all by A1?!"

"Yes sadly."

It didn't take long for them to become a guardian figure to me. They were almost always there. That's why I became attached to them, that's why I noticed all the sad stuff. Like how my parents were lucky knowing who their child is. B14 doesn't know who their kids are, they don't even know who they were.