Things Couldn't Get Any Worse, Right?

November 1, 2016- 11:00 AM
I woke up. It was 11:00 am. At first I was a bit confused on what was going on, but then I remembered yesterday's story. I was alone in the hospital room. my mom wasn't in there. The door was closed. Surprisingly, not even a doctor was there checking on me. I heard a light knock on the door, which was weird, because this was a hospital, you can just enter a room without permission of the guest right?(especially doctors and nurses) Questionably, I said "Come in?" and then someone comes in. Someone I never expected to see ever again.

11:30 PM
Who was this person? My dad. My dad. If you don't already know the backstory, when I was born, my father left me sadly because he was so frightened of me, or at least of having a child. Well, I can't really blame him because I would have felt the same. I don't know. But, how was my dad.....alive? When I was 7 years old, still being raised by just my mother, I got the news that he had died in a tragic car accident. "Hello Briana." my father said. "Hi? Do I know you?" I replied. "I'm.... your father. You don't remember me?" I was still shocked. I guess it really was him. "Your...alive?" I asked. "Well when did I ever die?" he chuckled. "Well didn't you die 6 years ago in a tragic car accident? Where did that information come from?" I asked as my voice raised. "Honey, I never got in a car accident. Your mother lied to you." he quietly said. But, how is this possible?

12:00 PM
No words came out of my mouth. I was speechless. How could my mom ever do this to me? I was so upset. "Um..well.. dad? Is this really true?" I asked. "I'm sorry sweetie, but yes." he replied. I had so many questions. I felt like I was just clueless. "Dad, why'd you leave me?" "Why did you just leave me there, abandoned, just with my poor mother? Don't you ever think about that and regret it?" I asked. He did not say anything for a few moments. "Look, sweetie, I do actually think about it all the time. And yes, I do regret it. The reason I did that was because I--" he said as I interrupted him. "You know what, DAD, please don't bring up your excuses! I've had enough!"