Chapter Ten

"The Legacy"

All Rights Reserved

© 2016, Juliette Frost

~*~

Chapter Ten

||Valerie||

            Weeks had passed. Sometimes it felt as though they flew by. Others they felt agonizingly slow.

I missed my mom.

I missed my school. My teachers. My little dance class.

I missed my life.

I had always dreamt of being apart of the Super world but I had glamorized what it would truly be like. I never would have expected to be told I possessed a power that would serve to kill me. I never imagined being presented with the fact that I had a twin sister. And as if being home sick and being thrown curveballs was not enough, I never expected to like the leader of a rebellion group against Hero's.

  I found myself looking forward to the times I would spar against Stark. Yes, I enjoyed learning to defend myself and it served as a great distraction when I felt melancholy, but… more than anything I liked when it was just me and him.

Which I knew would lead to nothing but trouble.

I still had to figure out who I was, what my part in this war between good and bad would be, before I tried adding a romance onto my plate. Much less with Stark, one of the biggest threats the Super world has against them.

    Knocking on Serina and Daren’s door, I idly hoped I was not interrupting a moment for them, but I needed to see my sister. There were still questions that haunted me at night that I needed the answers to. The door creaked open and Serina peeked through.

“Can I come in?” I asked hesitantly. She poked her head out, searching the hall before opening the door and yanking me in. “Ow! Hey, what the hell?” I rubbed at my arm where her nails had dug into my skin, leaving behind puncture marks. She closed the door in a rush and locked it, turning to me with narrowed eyes. It was then that I took in her outfit. I scoffed a laugh, “are you trying out to be the next Cat Woman?”

Serina was clad in a pair of black leather leggings with a black turtleneck and black leather gloves. Her long hair was pulled back from her face and twisted into a bun on top of her head. Rolling her emerald eyes at me she went for her bed. Once she sat down she began fastening her black lace-up boots. “No, I have some things to take care of.”

I quirked a brow, crossing my arms over my chest. “What type of things?”

“Things that the guys don't need to know about,” she sent me a meaningful look that told me I better not breathe a word to them.

“As in things they wouldn't approve of?” I pushed aside my reason for seeking her out. That could wait, whereas this was a pressing matter. “What are you up to Serina?”

She released a deep sigh. Flicking her eyes up to meet mine she said, “Look I overheard Sam telling the guys that Henry has a shipment of weapons being delivered at one of his New Haven ports. They don't believe it's anything of interest, but I think otherwise.”

My brows rose to my hairline. “Let me get this straight. You're going into enemy territory where they will be loaded to the max with weapons and heroes… And you're going alone?”

She smirked at me, “I'm not going there to fight. I want to see just how much fire Henry has brought in and get wind of what type of warfare he's using.”