Chapter Eleven

"The Legacy"

All Rights Reserved®️

Copyright ©️ 2016, Juliette Frost

~*~

Chapter Eleven

||Valerie||

            Shit. This was bad. Oh God this was so bad. If we got out of this alive, the guys would surely kill us. We would never hear the end of this. Not only did we go behind their backs but I also managed to get accidentally abducted with Serina in the wind.

      I watched from behind the flapping tarp as Stark drew closer to the truck. He was being cautious, not wanting to raise any alarms about them being followed. I spotted Daren in the passenger seat, wearing a look that could frighten the devil. For a moment, I almost wanted to stay on the 7 ton truck rather than be rescued.

 Stark pulled up so close I could touch the hood of the car if I stretched my hand out. I wasn't sure what his plan was. I was not about to jump if that's what he was aiming for. Daren was gesturing wildly to come out from behind the tarp, to my horror, proving my suspicions right.

No way am I about to- the truck jerked harshly, my forehead smacking into the wooden crate I was splayed on. I cringed, my fingers travelling up my face until I felt wetness on my fingertips. Drawing my hand back I saw dark pools of blood. "I'm gonna have to jump aren't I?" I groaned, "This night just went all to hell." Glancing up I saw Daren's face paling at the sight of me. Whether it was because of my situation or I just looked awful, I didn't know. He gestured again, telling me to do the one thing I didn't want to.

"For Christ's sake... I just had to tag along didn't I?" I pushed myself up on the crate, bringing my knees under my torso. I fought the tremors of pain lancing through my body, the shaking of my muscles. "Serina, I swear by everything that is holy, I am going to kill you for this."

Unlatching the tarp on the sides of the truck it released with a snap and started to violently shake in the wind. The road below was racing by in a blur, cars zooming past on the right side of the truck. On the left lay grass and trees, a small wooded area. Stark had the SUV inches from where I sat, all I had to do was reach-

A horn blared next to us, making me jump back in bewilderment. The car had almost been hit by a speeding corvette, I could hear them screaming obscenities in their vehicle. I glanced around quickly, and taking a deep breath, I lunged.
   Air tore at me, twisting all around me, flipping me onto my back and hurtling me away from the SUV. I was spiraling through the air, my vision a blur of dark sky, car headlights and trees. A muffled scream erupted from my throat as the ground grew close enough I could practically smell the grass. I knew I was going to take a nasty fall, with broken bones and teeth, when suddenly I stopped just shy of the floor, being cradled by the wind. Gently it flipped me again and lowered me until I was sitting on the soft grass off the side of the road.

Panting, I threw myself back, so happy to feel the safety of the ground under my body. No longer straddling crates or being thrown about in the wind. Tires screeched then stirred up dirt as they pulled off onto the grass a few feet ahead of me. I heard doors open then slam shut, pebbles crunching under feet as their steps drew near.

Could I have just one minute please?

"Where's Serina?" Daren snarled viciously, a sound I hadn't yet heard him emit. The sound threw me so I opened an eye to peek up at him.

"She-" I was cut off by another set of tires pulling off the road and to where we were. The Mazda's tires stopped a few feet from my head, then Serina was out and running for me.