RUNNING OUT OF TIME

FILLER 12

RUNNING OUT OF TIME

BORUTO UZUMAKI

3 YEARS LATER

I still think about her. More than I'm willing to admit. I tell myself that I've moved on, I mean, it's been three years, we're both nineteen! She's seen other people too...I mean...if Metal Lee even counts...It was half a day and on a favor to her mother no less, but that was a sad day for me, even if I knew Metal Lee's chances with her were slim to none...I couldn't stand to see myself. I'm still taller than her, maybe even three inches now. I talked to her not long after I saw her that day after we broke up. It was really awkward at first and missions were tougher but we're pretty good friends now. Sarada's a jonin. Can you believe it? I'm still a chuunin, but I'm looking forward to my next opportunity to catch up to her. I guess that's where I've been all this time...catching up to her.

"Are you having a sentimental moment?"

"Huh?" I turn to see Hima peeking through the crack in my doorway.

"You look like you're questioning human existence, sitting their slouched like that." I sighed. She may be 17 now, but it's like she's still 12.

"Kind of."

"I see. Probably over some girl." Hima winked through the door.

"I bet you have plenty of moments when you're thinking about Inojin, eh?"

"Well sure, that happens when you're thinking about someone you love." Hima shrugged. They had been going out for a few months now. It still bothers me. Inojin, one of my closest friends...dating my sister?! Believe me, we had words.

"What do you want?"

"Sasuke-sama is downstairs waiting for you."

"Huh?" I say jolting off my bed. "How long has he been waiting?!"

"How long have you been sulking?" Hima teases. I rip the door open bonking her right in the forehead, she falls right on her butt.

"Move, idiot!"

"Training takes all priority, huh?" Hima winces rubbing her forehead with her palms. I rush down the stairs, half falling down a few of them. Master Sasuke has really been one of my escapes. He was able to overlook what I did to Sarada with time, he even told me that he wasn't always the best with talking to girls either, but if I mentioned Sarada to him he would instantly tense up and glare at me with those terrifying eyes. I no longer had the right to talk about her.

I blinked when I saw him sitting on the couch next to my dad, smiling as my dad continued to make a huge fool of himself. "You should have seen Shikamaru's face-" My dad was laughing. "It was like when Temari-"

"Master Sasuke..." I murmured watching them. Sasuke looked up at me, Chikara climbing up on his shoulder. "You uh, didn't tell me you were coming." Sasuke rubbed his son's pink hair, ruffling it into random tufts.

"Do I have to announce myself? A ninja is prepared."

"Yeah, how many times have you been prepared in your life?" I mutter as I make it down the last few stairs.

"Bo-chan!" Chikara smiles at me, his dark eyes locked on mine.

"Hey, Chikara." I smile back at him.

"Papa said I could come with him today."

"I see that. Have you gotten bigger since I last saw you?" I grinned. Chikara took a moment to stare at his fingers, then, with some effort he raised three of them and showed me.