Insecurities Rise Again

Sebastian turned to the source of the confused voice to see none other than the Trancy brat. (I love Alois, don't kill me).

I turned too. I winced, "Y-your highness..."

Alois started for a second before his face grew furious, "What on earth is the meaning of this? Claude, do you really think you're anywhere near Sebastian's standard?"

"I am sorr- wait, what?" I exclaimed. I had thought he'd be irritated to see me kissing someone, not irritated that I was with Sebastian. And Sebastian's standard? What was that meant to mean?

Alois laughed, "Sebastian's hot Claude. He can get any woman fascinated by him instantly, you haven't even ever touched one in your years working for me. Why would he ever want a boring man like you? I had honestly thought he'd like Ci- I mean, I'm sure he's using you."

I felt all my insecurities wash over me again, knowing who's name Alois was about to say. Alois was right. Sebastian must have been using me since he knew a child was off limits, even for a demon.

Sebastian's smooth voice cut off my train of thought. "Really now?" He said, slowly walking to Alois. He bent down and pushed up Alois' face using one finger to face him. "A child like you who doesn't understand the meaning of love knows nothing. Love doesn't care about someone's looks or someone's wealth. Even if love was based on looks, there still wouldn't be a problem since Claude is the most handsome demon I have ever met."

With each word, his glare, fixated on Alois, grew stronger. Alois seemed scared then jumped back, hitting his back against the door. He lifted a finger to point at me. "You can do better than that." Sebastian was about to speak but Alois spoke again, "He won't treat you well. A man who didn't think twice before trying to let me die couldn't ever treat you well." Alois looked sad and I felt guilty. "You... take care of Ciel like a good butler, demon or not! Someone like Claude doesn't deserve you!"

He spoke my name with venom in his tone. So that was why he seemed disinterested in me for so long, he didn't care about me anymore. He hated me. For a good reason too.

"Claude is a demon." Sebastian said. Though his tone was flat, I could tell he felt the slightest bit sorry for Alois. "Demon's aren't meant to show compassion. They show greed for themselves. The care I show for Ciel is care for someone I have grown to see as a companion in all these years, because he has proved to be a worthy master, showing kindness to people when he'd rather not. And yet I still think of him as merely a delicious meal."

"I don't care! Do you really thing someone who tried to kill you just one year ago can suddenly fall in love with you?" Alois screamed, before storming out of the room.

Sebastian turned to me after Alois left and walked towards me. I stepped back. "Don't." I said, "He's right, I don't deserve you."

Then I realised something. Last year, If Ciel hadn't screamed Sebastian's name to help him, I'd have died with a demon sword in my stomach. Then again, I would have killed him too if I had he chance.

Sebastian kept walking until I was backed fully into a wall. He let his forehead rest on mine as he quietly whispered, "Don't listen to him. You're perfect."

I turned my head to the side, gently pushing him back. He merely returned and turned my face to face him.

"I love you." He said, his voice silky and his eyes seductive.

I turned my head again. "N-no..." My voice came out uncharacteristically shaky. "You can't. Look at you then look at me! We're worlds apart!"

Sebastian didn't respond for a moment. "I love you." This time, he gently kissed my jaw.

He said it again, kissing my neck, and again, kissing lower, and again, and again, until he reached my collarbone. "I love you." He mumbled into my collarbone.

I could feel the heat rising and I was sure Sebastian could feel the warmth radiating off of me. "S-sebastian."

Then the servants returned.

Please excuse my shitty writing skills, this is a fanfiction, not a published book. I know the plot seems hazy but the book's gonna end in a few chapters anyway since this is only focusing on their relationship, not five hundred problems, because if I do make this a long book, I'll never be able to finish it.

Kay