Background | Chapter 1

I loved him so much, but that was when we were kids, when we were only teenagers, both with huge careers ahead of us, both winning award after award and living a life most people would sell a leg just to get a part of. But that was my life, of course, I also had a secret, one that no one would ever find out about.

When I was 20 I got pregnant by my boyfriend at the time, the famous Justin Bieber. He was my greatest love, and he gave me amazing twin girls, they were born on the 1st of May, but I had to go away, in a sort of hiding for a few months while everyone thought I was in rehab. I had gotten pregnant during one of Justin and I's many hookups, and I knew it wasn't good.

"Selena please, we will be able to make a relationship work, just trust me we can do anything, I just need to be with you."

"Justin I really can't, and I know this is horrible, but I just can't tell you why I can't be with you. I love you but I just can't be with you, maybe someday you will understand but I can't have you in my life, you are a flake and I don't want you to leave my- I mean me one day."

"Baby, why? What is stopping you from being with me?"

"I can't, I'm so sorry but I have to go" and with that, I left him there, standing sobbing in his house while I rushed back to my own house crying on the ride because I knew, at the time, what I was doing was for the best and my children would thank me later.

three years later -

Justin's POV

I watched he walk out, and I didn't even know her name. Of course I was sort of seeing Hailey Baldwin but it was whatever she didn't really care that much. Then I just laid in bed and scrolled through Instagram, not on my regular account, people would see my every move there, I just went on the account I had created to stay low and keep tabs on people, mostly my long lost love, Selena Gomez. She was doing wonderful as always, taking pictures with her fans and hanging out with her friends, but I loved her and I wanted to keep up with her life, make sure she was happy. Of course I would always love her, that's just kind of how things would go...

Selena's POV

"Girls! Hurry up, we are go no to Grandma's house and I know how much you love her" I was all prepared to take them, my gar had a screen so you couldn't see the backseat, and windows tinted so dark you couldn't see in. My driveway, and both my parents were long with gates and hedges so no one could see in and see my two girls get out of the car. They were only three so going out in public wasn't a problem, yet. They were both so cute, but way to similar to their father. They were identical twins born at 31 weeks, both weighting 3 lbs and measuring the same. They both had bright blond hair, like Justin's and they had almost green eyes, they were amazing and bright, they didn't have either Justin or my eyes, they had all three colors in their eyes, brown green, and blue. But I like to think they have my skin tone and face.

They were born 1 minute apart and it was the most traumatic experience of my life

"Guys come on we really need to go, Harper, grab your shoes, I'm going to be late"

"Mommy I don't wanna go, I wanna sleep"

"Hon, we sleep when we are dead"

"What?"

"Nothing honey, let's go" I said laughing.

"Mommy I can't find my socks!"

"Finley, look harder and hurry please you two, you take just as long as your father" I said under my breath.

"What mommy?" Finley said.

"Nothing sweetie, let's go." I said as I walked out to the garage and strap them into the car. I felt a little bad about hiding them, but I knew as soon as anyone saw them, they would know right away who's they are, there look just like him, and I definitely don't have blonde hair, and he did when he was a baby. They knew what I did and they knew they couldn't go out, I remember exactly what I told them, I sat them down and explained it.

"Hi girls"

"Hi mommy" Harper and Finley said in unison.

"So girls you know how I sing, and that's my job?"

"Yes mommy" Finley said

"Okay so because I sing a lot of people know who I am, and a lot of people are out there trying to take pictures and it's very scary to a little girl like you guys. And I want you to be safe and happy, so I want to keep you away for all those scary people, because those people are mean and I don't want the, to hurt you" I paused because I really just didn't want their father to see them, "do you girls understand?"

"Yes mommy" Harper said.

"A little mommy, but why can't we go outside to the park?" Finley asked.

"Well, the bad people are everywhere, even at the park, but I can build you an indoor playground, I can make it next to the I for pool if that okay?" I suggested.

"YES MOMMY! I want a playground in my house" Finley cheered.

I felt so bad, it was so selfish of me to just keep them all to myself, they were so innocent and just didn't really know what was going on, but it had been three years since I had seen him and he was just such an unstable thing I didn't want to see him, and he wasn't going to be a good dad to the girls, maybe now, but not then.

By the time of was done running that memory through my head, both the girl were in their car seats ready to go. I backed out and drove down my driveway, making sure the screen was up, then the gate opened and closed behind my car and it was off to Grandmothers house. I punched in her gate code and drove up all the way into the garage, dropped them off and drove back out.

A/N:

Hey guys! Thanks for reading, sorry its pretty bad this is my first book and I hope you like it! And I know not all the events that happened in real life will match the story but I'll try my best. If you have any suggestions or ideas for the story tell me! Ill try to write once a week but i don't make any promises. Thank you so much!