Lies | Chapter 4

- Justin's POV -

What did she just say...? I can't believe what she said. I stepped back almost tripping on the coach.

"What happened to it?" I asked.

"I umm... gave it away," she said with a shaky voice.

"Was it a boy or a girl?"

"Um, I don't know, I gave it away before I could see it or hold it,"

"Selena, why did you do it, and without telling me, we could have had an amazing life and an amazing family, but you didn't even give me a choice,"

"We weren't ready Justin, we were kids, you were a teenager, you couldn't be an amazing dad, at the time, that was the best choice, you would hate me if I had kept it, you would be tied down, you couldn't have the lifestyle you do now, Harp- I mean I'm much better off without you,"

"Wait, what did you say, Harp?"

"Um yeah, that's what I called it because they would stop kicking when the harp was playing,"

"They?"

"Yeah, that's what I called it, 'it' sounds bad,"

"Can you open up the file again, I want to meet my kid, even if it doesn't want to see me,"

"Justin, I'm so sorry but you can't, it's a private adoption, I didn't know anything. Can we go out to lunch and talk then, I want food but I want to talk to you about this,"

"Yeah sure Sel, let's go,"

- Selena's POV -

I wanted to go, to leave the house, I texted my mom, begging her to come and watch the kids, I felt so bad for throwing them in the room. My mom was on her way, so we got into his car, I left my kids in the house and we drive to lunch, passing my mother on the way out.

- Finley's POV -

I woke up really early, and then mommy and me and Harper ate breakfast in our pjs, mommy said today was a lazy day, so we didn't put on normal clothes until lunchtime. Mommy put me down for a nap so I slept for a little while, and when I woke up, mommy was dressed and she pulled me out of my bed, Harper was already in her arms and we went into the play room. I was so tired I just kind of say there for a little while. Then Harper woke up all the way and she said, "What's mommy doing?"

"I don't know Harper, she locked the door so we can't get out,"

"Oh well, lets play okay? I love the playground mommy made us because daddy isn't here and there are scary people outside,"

"Harper, who is daddy? I only know mommy..."

"I don't really know, I just want to play,"

"Okay Harper! I'm coming," but I didn't really understand what was going on, and why did my mommy lock us in a playroom?

- Selena's POV -

I know I lied, I couldn't help it, I wasn't about to let him see his kids, he was so young and dumb at the time, and when he went on his rampage of destruction, he would have hurt me and my two babies. It really was for the better, right?