INVASION(FAIRYTAIL FANFIC) 9

(LUCY'S POV)

I look at the window, gazing at the illuminating lake. Juvia's already doing her ritual, I look towards Natsu who was sitting at the edge of my bed, he too was staring at me. I took a sigh, and made a barrier around the room then took off my robe, Natsu stand up and fire started to surround us. Years of doing this I can't help but still be embarrass of facing him naked, but we the females of the Heartfillia's have been doing this since ages ago. Doing the ritual with the Dragneels, but of course *chuckle slightly*, I forgot Natsu and I stopped doing this when he left, 10 years ago. That's why it feels so different now, We're grown ups right now, it's different, not like when your still 8 years old.

****

"Natsu?" Lucy silently whispered, as she knelt down at the written insignia in the floor.

"Yes? Princess?" Natsu asked behind her kneeling, his hands on the floor as the fires started to turn into the same way with the insignia, turning into a huge fire, round, magic circle.

"Why did you run off?" Lucy close her eyes, anticipating to receive an answer.

Natsu's flames quiver a little as he open his eyes to stare at the maiden's back with a slight pained gaze.

"Natsu?" Lucy once again ask

"S.orry" Natsu mumbled

"Natsu, I didn't asked for an apology, I just want to know why"
Letting out a breath, Lucy spread her arms and put her arms to each of her ankles.

"I can't, sorry Luce"

Lucy close her eyes preventing a single tear to fall, oh how she longed for him, years passed by since their last interaction, but her feels for him never vanquish. Why did he leave? That's the question that had been bugging her since he left, they held a promise together to never leave each others side, but one day without her even knowing, Natsu left their hometown. Leaving her all alone, with no-one to hold on with no one to cry on, especially when her mother died... all she have left is the doll her mother gave her when she was still so small.

But he was back and she was happy, it really is hard for her to do this ritual all alone, Natsu was her mate, she could only help but wonder how Juvia is doing without her mate by her side to help complete the ceremony.

'I can't blame him though for letting Juvia do the deed, after all, his getting a harsh treatment, in order to serve Juvia in our fight...' Lucy said in her mind thinking about someone who has been with Juvia's side,
'Though it's very coincidental that Natsu leaved 10 years ago, and he showed up at the same time... I can't help but think something is linking up to this'

"Lucy?" Natsu peeked one eye towards Lucy, he was confuse at the sudden uneven rises of the flame, if this continues not only will the fire go in rampage but it will hurt Lucy as well, and he can't let that happen.

Lucy's thoughts snapped out, and close her eyes once again, this time concentrating to finish this ritual.

When the last tick of the clock to 1, the fires stop, the magic circle vanish, and the insignia on the floors perished, the room which was like a burning coal a minute ago, turned back to it's original state.

Lucy quickly covered her nakedness, Natsu averted his gaze away from the princess, as he tried to search where in Mysticana is Lucy's dress is? He then saw the sprawled gown in the bottom of the table, and swiftly took it and put it on the right side of the princess.

"Th.thank you...Natsu..." Lucy thanked wearing the gown, Natsu laid to her. Switching her head, her face front on Natsu's back, her gaze held out a disappointment when she saw his hands reached out to the door. He's leaving, again...just like last time. The bitter thought of him leaving pierced right through her soul.

"Your leaving....again..." Lucy muttered the last word with such loneliness that it held Natsu back to feel guilt, and sadness. Natsu took a breather, before gripping the doors handle with strength capable enough to crush a monster's head.

"I'm gonna leave but only to sleep, my room is in the next side of yours... and... my leave will not take much longer than 4 hours, I'll be right back to watch over you again... and this time I'm gonna hold on to our promise may it be late or not." He said with determination written all over to his face, too bad Lucy can't see it, but she did certainly felt it.

Lucy smiled and with a little nod she said "hm!"

****

It has been exactly 4 o'clock am when Lucy's door cringed, the door opening to reveal Natsu. His gaze went through the messy blonde hair, he chuckled slightly at her childish features. Walking silently, he sat on the other side sofa, and went staring at her again.

Natsu didn't get any sleep for more than 2 hours, because half of that hours was spent thinking of the lady infront of him. Natsu's eyes glimmers in happiness as he watch the rising and falling of her chest area. Her snores were so delicate, all he could hear is the air passing to her nose.

Natsu look at the time to see it's already 4:30, "Already?" He chuckled, looking at her again, he waited another 30 minutes to go pass by before walking out of her room.

But before leaving out, he didn't forget to plant out a little kiss on the forehead of the princess and slowly closing the door after he leave.

Lucy's eyes started to wave when she fought back the urge of falling into sleep. Her eyes search for the clock while still dozing off. When the clock showed 5:25 she immediately stood up and search around her room, disappointment loomed over her. She was disappointed not to see a certain pink-haired mage, 'he's gone...' she muttered clenching the bedsheets a little bit tightly...

She was wondering if he did ever came to her room...but her thoughts were stop when she saw a cup of milk tea in her table with a piece of paper written in a very distinguishable hand written that she knew and will never forget.

Written there was;

'I know you'll wake up pretty early to see me, so I made this milktea for you to get back asleep, today's a very busy day, you're gonna use all your energy, so sleep well, and sleep tight...Luce...'

The sender did not even bother to write his name, but Lucy knew all too well who he is.
Smiling she brought back the cup in her lips, the tea was not that hot anymore but still has the mild warmth inside...

"Thank you Natsu...."