chapter 4:the life ive always wanted

After I got my shot scarecrow gave me a spare mask and tinkered with my costume so it could spray fear toxin like his.

"okay make Sure to not use too much or you might kill your target, oh and here is some syringes with fear toxin in them too just in case. Now come on let's go." With that said crane put his mask on and we left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we made it to where we were going I looked around and saw that we were at the same alley were he had knocked me out at.

"returning to the scene of the crime are we?" I joked. I noticed my voice was also distorted like his (must be what the mask is for)

"we are scouting." He said walking over to a ladder and climbing up I followed him. We stood on top of the roof of a apartment building and watched trick-or-treaters finish up gathering there candy (dame it what happens to my candy? John so owes me!) I loomed over and saw some teenagers running around calling someone. I soon noticed it was my friends,and they we're looking for me. (I wonder how long they've been at that?)

"what are those idiots doing?" Crane said. I looked over at him questionably

"do you know them?" I asked

"of course I do they are children of villains. Well except for the not he is just Alice's boy toy." I looked shocked. "better go the opposite direction. Hold on to me." Drain said holding his arm out.

"w-what?! Why!?" I asked blushing. (thank God I have this bag on my head)

"im gonna carry you to a different part of town I don't want tired we are going pretty far." He came over to me and picked me up. "now hold on to me tightly I don't want to drop you." I did as I was told (this is the best day ever!) He jumped from the roof of the building over to the other and we hopped from roof to roof for a while before he finally sat me down.

"your pretty light." He said as he looked down to the streets.

"t-thanks.....where are we?"

"down town Gotham. There are a few people here who claim to be fearless....let's go see how much they are hiding." Johnathan grabbed my hand and we jumped off the roof and landed in the shadows of a alley I could hear voices from the end of it.

"okay, this is a dead end alley so they are Easy picking let's go make a appearance." Johnathan whispered. I walked over to the voices and laughter and stepped into the light so that the only thing not showing was my face.

"who tha- oh hey a cutie pie has come to visit the fearless gang." One of the guys said stepping twists me. "nice costume."

"thanks." I said as soon as they heard my distorted voice they looked scared which made me laugh wich freaked them out more.

"what the hell is going on?!"one guy yelled just then the scare crow walked out stood beside me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"like my side kick? She's a real scream." He asked them, they started panicking and bundling up. In at the same time me and crane raised are hands up and sprayed them all. They started screaming and flailing around, yelling about heights, spiders,snakes,and much more.

(wow yeah they are as fearless as a chihuahua)

I chuckled at them and watched them scream. I felt crane lay his hand back on my shoulder.

"I think we will get along just fine. Come on let's go home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we we're home crane stood looking at the door for a second.

"what's wrong?"I asked taking my mask off. He sighed and looked at me.

"nothing we just have company." I stared at him confused he opens the door and walked Inside I followed him in and closed the door behind me. Suddenly I felt someone grab me and cover my mouth, I muffled a few words of choice and crane turned around

"playful today aren't we Edward?" Crane said turning on the lights.

"riddles me this we're did you find such a nice little helper?" The man asked I realized it was the riddler. "she is really cute." He grabbed my face with his hand and looked at my face I started to squirm. Suddenly crane yanked me away from the riddler looking pissed and held me protectively.

"I would appreciate it if you don't man handle her!"

"oh someone is feeling protective. I think you have a thing for miss Mary Ruse here." The riddler said I looked at him in shock.

"h-how did you know my name?" I asked him

"my dear I'm the riddler, I know all."

"only cause you spy on people Edward."Jonathan said making the riddler mad

"Well I must get back home eve is waiting for me with dinner latter Jonny boy" Edward said before taking my hand and kissing it "farewell dear Mary." He said as he walked out of the hideout leaving Jonathan mad

"So....." I said catching crane's attention

"Oh sorry.." he said letting me go and moving away awkwardly

"Who is eve?" I asked crane

"She is Edwards sidekick....and girlfriend." He said collecting himself

"Oh yeah I heard about her on the news."I said putting a finger in my chin like a anime character."she is very smart from what I heard."

"Forget about her....do you wanna meet up with your friends next week.....at the jokers?" Jonathan asked

"Sure but I'm not gonna tell them who I am yet." I said picking up my mask and putting it back on playfully making crane chuckled

"That's fine." He said with a smile

(So hawt) I thought blushing underneath my mask

"W-well im gonna go take a bath s-Sweetnightmares" I said running out the room I ran back though to give him a peck on the cheek through my mask and then dashed out again

"S-Sweetnightmares!...." Jonathan yelled back holding his cheek

~~~~~~~~~~~~time laps~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I layed in the tub relaxing and thinking about my new life.

"My whole life has changed all in one night." I giggled to myself

I pulled the plug and got out wraping a dark brown towel around myself. I walked out of the bathroom and put on a black bra and some brown underwear and threw on a plane black t-shirt. I dryed my hair and put it in a bun and layed down on my bed......and slowly fell asleep.