Banana Pancakes

Five Years Later
Aria's Pov

"Mommy Mommy Mommy!" A little voice exclaims. I open my eyes to find Piper staring down at me excitedly.

"Good morning Piper," I say, my morning voice a little raspy. I pat the bed beside me, where she lays down and cuddles up next to me.

"Morning Momma," Piper giggles "Daddy made banana pancakes."

"He did, did he?" I ask.

She nods "And they're ready!"

"Well, what do you say we go downstairs?" I kiss her cheek "I'm sure he needs someone to help him eat them." Piper laughs, before nodding and climbing off the bed. I follow her downstairs, walking into the kitchen where Ezra flips the last pancakes on onto a plate.

"There she is!" He grins, holding his arm out. I walk up and hug him, then kiss his warm lips.

"Ew," Piper scrunches her nose up.

"You think this is gross?" Ezra questions "You wouldn't wanna know how you came to be."

"Ezra," I chuckle, shooting him a glance.

"I wanna know!" Piper exclaims.

"No you don't." I laugh "Just ignore Daddy."

"Oh really?" Ezra raises his eyebrows jokingly "Are you still going to ignore me when I say that breakfast is ready?"

"Do you hear someone talking Piper?" I say sarcastically, giving her a wink.

"No," She giggles, avoiding eye contact with her Dad.

"Fine," Ezra shrugs "I guess I'll have to eat all the pancakes and special strawberry sauce by myself."

Piper quickly turns toward him "You made the strawberry sauce?"

He nods "I even made extra because I know how much you love it."

Her eyes go wide "Can we eat breakfast now?"

"That depends," Ezra replies "Are you done ignoring me?"

Piper nods her head quickly "Yes I promise!"

"Then sure." He says.

"Mommy too?" Piper asks.

Ezra sighs sarcastically "Well I guess so."

"Yay!" She smiles, running to the dining room.

"Hey Piper?" I question as I sit down at the table "Where's your sister?"

"Playing with her toys upstairs," She replies "I let her use my new Elsa doll so she wanted to keep playing with it even though I told her breakfast is ready."

"That sounds like her," I chuckle "Do you mind going and getting her?" Piper walks over to the stairs, stopping at the bottom.

"Stella!" She yells "Come eat breakfast! Daddy made banana pancakes!"

"Piper," I giggle "Do you mind actually going upstairs and getting her? I want you to hold her hand walking down anyway, just in case." Ezra and I's second daughter, Stella Rae Fitz, is two and a half years old.

"Can you go get her?" Piper sighs, eyeing the pancake on her plate.

"Sure," I nod "Go sit down." I go upstairs, walking into Stella's room where she plays with some dolls.

"Hey Stella-Bee," I say. She turns around, her blue eyes lighting up when she sees me.

 She turns around, her blue eyes lighting up when she sees me

"Mommy!" She smiles, standing up.

"Morning baby," I pick her up "Wanna go eat breakfast?"

"But I wanna play with Elsa," She replies in her babyish voice "Piper let me use her."

"And that was very nice of Piper, huh?" I say, as they often don't like sharing toys "But Daddy made your favourite banana pancakes, and they're gonna get cold. How about you play with Elsa after?"

"Okay," Stella nods. At that, I carry her downstairs, where Ezra and Piper have started eating.

"There's Stelly Belly!" Ezra exclaims. She grins, her adorable little dimples showing.

"Dada I played with Elsa." Stella tells him.

"So I heard," He nods "Was it fun?"

"Yeah, her and Anna had a tea party." She explains.

"That sounds fun," Ezra says as he puts a bite of pancake in his mouth "Almost as fun as eating banana pancakes." Stella giggles, reaching for one off the stack in front of her. I help her cut it up, then pour strawberry sauce all over it.

"Can we go to the park today?" Piper asks suddenly. I look outside, and although there's blue sky, I know the air is cool and crisp on this mid-February day.

"Maybe." I answer "I think auntie Hanna wants to have us over for dinner tonight."

"Yay!" Both Piper and Stella exclaim. I can't help but chuckle; those girls are becoming more and more alike every single day.

"I have an even better idea," Ezra says. The girls both look at him excitedly, waiting to hear it.

"Alright," He starts "What do you two say to doing the dishes?" Both their faces drop at his words, causing me to laugh.

"Daddy that's not fun," Piper states blankly.

"Okay, maybe that's true." He shrugs "But have you ever tried doing them in the bathtub and then going out for ice cream after?"

"Can we?" She asks with wide eyes.

"It's only February," I add in "Isn't it a bit cold for ice cream?"

"What I meant to say was hot chocolate." Ezra tells them "Doing the dishes in the bathtub then going for hot chocolate."

"We wanna do that!" Piper nods, looking at Stella then back to her Dad.

"Okay, let's hurry up and eat then." He answers. Both the girls shove a bite of pancake into their mouths, chewing it quickly.

"Oh you three," I chuckle "What would I do without you?"

"Well for one, you'd have no one to wash the dishes in the bathtub." Ezra answers jokingly.

"Well good thing I have you," I reply "Everyone knows dishes are never really clean until they're washed in the tub."

Once breakfast in finished and the leftover pancakes are packed away, Ezra gathers all the dishes and turns toward Stella and Piper.

"Come on girls!" He exclaims "Let's get washing!"