Chapter Six: Catch Me If You Can (Edited)

It’s safe to say that as I walk into school almost the entire school and maybe even the teacherswere aware of what had occurred at the local skate park. If no one knew who I was before, they sure as hell knew who I was now.

Entering the hallway I head towards my locker spotting a group of guys hovering around some of the lockers opposite mine, walking past a few of them I instantly recognise them as The fucking five. Internally screaming I continue to make my way to my locker, determine to ignore their stupid presence.

Even though my head is almost completely inside my locker I manage to spot people walking down the hallway watching the scene carefully. Turning my head slightly I notice that students actually have barricaded me in on both sides making me stuck in this stupid circle with a group of guys, one who I particularly loathe.

Many people start to whisper and I manage to hear some of them asking questions about what is happening, one asking if I'm about to be stabbed. Rolling my eyes I'm tempted to answer saying this isn’t prison you dumbass but I keep my mouth shut and continue to gather the last of my books before closing my locker.

Now, this is where the fun part begins the bitter voice inside my head sings. Slowly turning around so that my back is against my locker I look to my left and right trying to find a gap big enough for me to slip through, but it's a pretty useless when everyone looks like they want to leave me for dead.

Giving up I look at the guys that are situated in front of me, Ryker's leaning against the locker opposite me along with the other three guys I didn’t know, who look like statues. Gabriel on the other hand is standing directly in my line of vision, a couple of feet away from me with his arms crossed showing his bludging muscles accompanied with a stony expression on his flawless face.

“Hello there my new besties isn't it a lovely morning?” I say in an overly cherry voice, receiving a few chuckles from the human barricades and a glare from Gabriel.

Opening my mouth to say something else sarcastic, I'm cut off when the bell rings thankfully allowing me to leave. Quickly breaking through the barricade I look down at my schedule I seeing that I have English which just so happens to be one of the stupid classes I share with someone from the stupid five.

Screwing up my face I secure my bag on my shoulder and trudge down the hallway to the classroom, entering the room I see almost every seat is taken even the one next to Maddi. She mouth's sorry to me but a just shrug it off mouthing back 'it's okay' before looking around the room trying to find one empty seat before the teacher comes. I find one empty seat at the back but unfortunately it just so happens to be situated next to the guy that was leaning on the locker with Ryker this morning.

Frowning I question whether sitting at the teacher’s desk will be better for me but think against it when I realise that everyone is suddenly watching my every move. If that doesn’t make you feel like a celebrity it may make you feel like you are being stalked. Both exciting options!

Before I can even make a step in the direction of the teacher’s desk, he decides to show up leaving me with no other choice. Inhaling I keep my head up straight and walk towards the table trying to make it look as if I don’t care.

Placing my bag next to the awaiting chair, I pull it out and slump into it making myself comfortable as well as trying to find a position to ignore the person next to me. As the teacher starts to talk, I block everything out and try to focus on what is being taught. 

“Oi Ever.” He whispers from my left but I keep my mouth shut and continue to do my work.

“Ever I know you can hear me.” He whispers a bit louder, I have to bite the inside of my mouth to stop myself from correcting his mistake as well as to stop myself from verbally abusing him.