Chapter Three-An Irish Manor wedding-Early 1822

The wedding chapel was full of people.

Lady Lavelock was, by the ceremonies' end, become Lady O'Neill. Her long, red colored hair was regal; her blue colored eyes were ablaze with desire for her husband.

She wore a green colored wedding gown.

"I'm Irish...And proud", she told the tailor.

"But M'Lady, we need some white colors".

"Very well...", and agreed to the changes.

***

A warm breeze wafted through the Irish cliffs. The raging seas of the Dublin coastline hit the sharp rocks; the rocks were craggy; broken.

"M'Lord, shall we postpone the wedding?". Father O'Derry asked. He had short, greying hair, brown colored eyes, and short.

He sensed a mood in the Lord that was of...fear.

"M'Lord, are you unwell?", he added.

"Nay, we've planned this wedding fer a long time. An' I feel tha' no change shall arise in the rituals of marriage, Father".

"Aye".

"Besides, my parents are here. An' Lady Lavelock's family. And everyone too. A lot o' change, Father; a lot o' things 'ave 'appened today. And into the future".

"Indeed. God's work is nary a subject to take lightly".

"Aye, well...I'll leave you alone M'Lord". Father O'Derry bowed...Then headed down the cobbled pathway, past the growing congregation who were praying in the opulent Chapel that was to the left of them, then was prepared to enter the nave...for the service that was due to begin at 11:00 AM, sharp.

***

Father O'Derry sat on the white colored Altar.

Everyone sat on their brown colored seats.

To his left was the chancel.

"Good morning, everyone. It's a beautiful day in Ireland. I know that you're waiting. Today is a new day in the lives of two young, Royal, families. Today, a Lord and a Lady shall be entwined as one; today a Lord and  a Lady shall be one.

"It is my honor to wed these young people in the Holy Rites of Marriage. It is a sacred rite. A rite, as you all know, as old as me.

"Now, as time knows its way here, I won't continue with ruining everything with long, winding, speeches; I won't do that.

"I will make sure that it's one hour on the dot...Now...enough o' me...an' on with the wedding". He stopped speaking, as the female, Irish organist, played 'The Bridal Waltz' song.

***

Page 4.