Chapter Seven-A roguish King-(Part three)-(Epilogue)

The crackling, burning flames of the warm fireplace was the scene of love. Lady Margaret O'Neill was kissing her husband, Lord Daniel O'Neill, on the Celtic rug, when they were interrupted by Lord Charles and his page.

They had burst through the front door of O'Neill Manor, and used their own Guards to bash the other Guards, then arrested them.

"HOLD THEM! THEY'RE TREASONOUS DOGS! LORD AND LADY O'NEILL, YOU BOTH ARE ARRESTED FOR CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR. BY ORDER OF ME, LORD CHARLES, CONSORT OF QUEEN BEATRICE OF IRELAND, YOU'LL BE IMPRISONED FOR 25 YEARS FOR FALSELY STATING THAT YOU'RE A LORD OF REGAL STANDING.

"WE, IN THE IRISH LANDS, WILL NOT STAND BY AND LET THIS MATTER REST. ON ORDERS BY THE LATE KING HARRY X, I AM TAKING AWAY ALL LANDS...AND MANORS...AND ALL ASSETS PERTAINING TO THIS MARRIED COUPLE...AND YOU WILL NOT BE IN REGAL, HIGH SOCIETY EVER MORE...IF YOU DEFY THIS ORDER...YOU'LL DIE IN PRISON.

"AS FOR LADY O'NEILL, YOU'LL SUFFER THE SAME FATE.

"AND, BY SINCE YOU'RE SHOWING DISREGARD IN THE BURNING FLAMES OF THE HEART, IN OPENLY SHOWING YOUR LUST IN THE OPEN, AND NOT IN YOUR PRIVATE CHAMBERS OF THIS MANOR, IS DIABOLICAL.

"LASTLY, BOTH OF YOU SHALL BE CHAINED TO THE COLD WALLS...AND YOU WILL REMEMBER THAT THIS IS THE BEGINNING. OTHER LORDS AND LADIES WHO DEFY THIS PROCLAIMATION WILL BE IMPRISONED FOR YOUR CRIMES AGAINST IRELAND...IN THE FORM OF SMUGGLING; ROGUISH BEHAVIOR; AND SO FORTH.

"TAKE THEM AWAY!!!!!", he yelled at their Guards.

And, as they dragged the Lord and Lady away by force. Once they were dressed...they were handcuffed...and pushed into the Prison carriage.

"But this is an outrage-". Lord Daniel O'Neill begun.

"This is an-", Lady Margaret O'Neill put in.

But it was too late.

Their life was over.

And there wasn't anything they could do about it.

***

TO BE CONTINUED...

Page 8.