The founder

The stars shine brightly, so close that I feel like I could touch them.
A soft purple taints the sky, the color of the night in this city.
Water trickles in a small stream, and the giant oak tree stands tall in front of me.
"Miss founder?" Asks Reginald. "Are you okay sitting out here by yourself?"
My guards are so worried about me falling over the edge.
But I'm careful.
"I'll be fine, thank you."
"I'll leave you to it." Smiled Reginald, tipping his golden hat as he left.
I turn back to the tree.
The same tree that had provided for this small town since the beginning of time.
I walked over to the edge of the island, peering over.
I saw the empty void, a black hole of nothingness- swallowing anything that dares to go near it.
It terrifies me sometimes.
How any person could fall over and die- or how we could loose all of our tools for survival of somebody dumped them over the edge.
It's why I keep such a tight grip on this city.
I don't like it, but without the rules- the town would crumble.
I hear a cluck to my right.
"Benedict!" I gasp, snatching her away from the edge. "You scared mommy!"
Benedict clucked again, rubbing her head on my arm in an apology.
"Come on. Let's go inside."
I walked into the throne room, with Benedict in my arms.
Pulling the lever, I put Benedict in the mine cart.
"Mommy doesn't want to leave you, but if you keep wandering around like that, I'll keep you in there full time." I petted her feathery head, and sent her down the tunnel.
Walking across the room, I opened the door to my room, walking inside.
I climbed into bed, and fell asleep.

--------------Time Skip---------------

"Miss?" Asked Reginald. "Miss, you overslept."
"Oh.. Oh!" I pulled back the covers, jumping out of the bed. "I'm so sorry Reginald, I just don't know what got into me!"
I walked to the mirror, smoothing down my black hair.
"You look good, miss." He smiled. "Not in that way... But I'm just saying that you look nice."
He blushed.
"Is there anything scheduled for today?" I ask. "Anything special?"
Reginald composed himself.
"Um- yes... Today, there's a crafting session at 4, and then a number of people need to use the furnace."
"Okay." I say, placing my tiara on my head. "I'll be down in the basement. I think Benedict is going to give another blaze spawn egg."
I walked out of the room, pulling the lever to go downstairs.
Just as I did, however- one of the townspeople came running in, clearly distressed.
I ran over to him, as did Reginald.
"What's wrong?" Asked Reginald, concerned.
The townsperson caught his breath.
"I-I saw some outsiders build! They built a bridge over here!"
How could outsiders get here?
It'd be impossible!
"But before them, I saw a different group of outsiders, who threw these green orbs, and landed inside the city grounds!"
"Please calm down." I soothed. "We'll find these bandits, and capture them."
Relief flooded the townsperson's face.
"Thank you!" He walked out without saying another word.
I was about to say another thing, when more of my personal guard came through the door, part of the bandits in their hands.
I walked over to my throne, sitting down.
My guards pushed them forward- a girl, and two boys- all wearing the same  leather jacket.
"Why do you disturb the peace that surrounds sky city?" I ask, trying to sound more confident than I actually am.
A boy walked forward, looking about the age of 19.
He had the leather jacket, electric green eyes, and had a matching green shirt.
"Miss. I assure you, we mean no harm. We just want to warn you."
Warn me?
"What are trying to warm me about?" I ask, again, trying to put more power into my voice than I actually had.
"Jesse and her band of lunatics!" Blurted the girl, with brown hair- green eyes, the leather jacket, and a red t-shirt. "They are wanted back home for stealing, and burning down buildings!"
"Yeah!" Piped in the boy. "They burn down trees just for fun! And all they want is more. They want everything good for themselves!"
I thought about the citizens, and our fragile farms.
I thought about Benedict, and how she was the main thing holding this town together.
"Okay." I said calmly . "I believe you."
The boy's face lit up.
"Really?" He asked.
"Yes." I paused. "But at least tell me the names of the people who saved my town from utter destruction."
The other boy leaned in near the first one.
"Who?"
"Us, gill, you idiot!" Snapped the boy, shoving the other one.
The first boy stepped forward.
"I'm Aiden." He smirked. "And this is Miah and gill."
Miah and gill stepped forward, stopping next to Aiden.
"Well, Aiden." I say, pausing. "Thank you for your service to sky city."
Aiden grinned.
"Follow me." I insisted, getting up off my throne.
The group followed me, and I threw open the doors to the outside.
"People of Sky City!" I yelled, gathering a crowd beneath me.
"I have received word of a disturbance. As of earlier today."
The city walls opened up, revealing a dirt bridge.
There was even a skull with lava pouring out of it.
"Whoever did this-" I commanded, gesturing to the bridge. "I suggest you come forward now. If you decide to hide, I promise you, sky city is small- and I will find you."
Suddenly, a man with black hair and a beard ran forward, waving his hands in the air.
"I did it!" He called. "I built the bridge!"
Two more people ran towards him, trying to free the man, but failed- my guards handcuffing them.
The two were wearing armor, the first one a girl, with Raven- black hair going down the middle of her back, and emerald green eyes.
The other, a boy, had hair sticking up in different directions, and sky-blue eyes.
"Come." I growl, motioning for them to enter.

----------------Time Skip----------------

It was dark again, and I was sitting in the basement- alone- and watching the sun set.
I had sent Jesse and her group to the dungeons, because I just couldn't trust her.
How could I believe an outsider's word?
Suddenly, I heard Aiden and the blaze rods walk in.
"Hey founder- lady." Smirked Aiden, opening a chest with spawn eggs in it.
"Don't touch that!" I yelled.
"Sorry..." Huffed Aiden, closing the lid.
Suddenly, I heard the minecart come down.
I heard voices.
"I can't believe we actually made it down here without getting caught!" Yelled a girl whose voice I didn't recognize.
"Shh!" Yelled that creepy guy with the beard. "Somebody might hear us!"
"Sorry..." Mumbled the voice.
"Let's just get the eversource, and get out of here!" Yelled the creepy man.
"Aha!" I yelled, walking into their view.
"I knew that you two were going to steal Benedict!"
"Benedict?" Asked the girl, who had flaming red hair.
I pointed to Benedict.
"It's... A chicken?!" Asked the blond- Lukas I think was his name.
Silence.
"Gee..." Purred Aiden. "I do wish I can help you... But I'm afraid I'm going to be stealing the eversource for myself."
"What!" I yelled.
Aiden pulled out creeper spawn eggs, and threw one, blowing a giant hole in the floor.
The other blaze rods had arrived.
Lukas charged straight at Aiden, fighting with him full force.
I ran for one of the blaze rods, but they threw a creeper egg, the shockwave of the explosion knocking me backwards.
I flew over the edge, but grabbed onto a piece of rock.
"HELP!" I yelled.
I saw Jesse come help me, and she had just pulled me up, when Aiden kicked Lukas over the edge.
Jesse and I turned around, looking at Lukas's wide eyes, until he disappeared, which happened pretty quickly.
Suddenly, I felt somebody kick my back, pushing me over the edge along with Jesse.
I turned back around, seeing the smirking figure of Aiden, with Benedict in his arms.

----------------Time skip----------------

"AHHHHH!" I yelled, my screams mingling with Jesse's.
I stopped screaming, and looked to her.
"This is all your fault!" I yelled.
"My fault?!" Shrieked Jesse.
"I'm not the one who trusted Aiden!"
"Well I couldn't just take your word for it?!" I retorted.
Suddenly, we broke through clouds.
"LAND!" Yelled Jesse.
"But-but that's impossible!" I gasped.
We started aiming for the lake.
Landing in the water, we swam to the bank, Lukas waiting for us.
"So.." Lukas paused. "Aiden pushed you guys off too."
Jesse walked toward, hugging Lukas.
"I thought I lost you." Sniffed Jesse, gripping him tighter.
"It's okay, Jesse. We're okay now." Said Lukas, brushing hair out of her eyes.
She broke away from him, surveying the area.
"What now?" I ask.
Jesse turned towards me.
"We build."
"And then?"
Jesse grinned, pulling out an enchanted diamond axe.
"We teach Aiden a lesson."

---------------Time Skip----------------

"I'm really sorry guys." Said Aiden, hanging his head. "I guess I got jealous. I just thought that you got cool stuff, and I feel really bad about all of this.... But you never know, heh, I might become a writer or something. I'll just stay out of your hair, okay?"
The guards walked him off.
Jesse turned to Milo and I.
"This is your chance at a new civilization. Don't waste it, okay?"
"We promise." I said.
Jesse smiled, going to her friends.
The walked over to the golden portal in the trench that we had dug.
They lit the portal, walking through.
Ivor stayed last, turning to everybody.
"Adventure!" He yelled, charging through.
After he did, the portal winked out, it's light gone.
And it occurred to me, that I owe a debt that I could never repay to Jesse and her friends.
But for now, it'd be good to get this new city under construction- just like I had done with sky city, so long ago.