*chapter three*

"Jayfeather- Jayfeather! Jayfeather, listen to me!" Briarlight panted, her forelegs aching. "Slow down! Dragging half your weight isn't easy, you know!"

He turned around, sightless eyes somehow filled with strife and pain. "Just leave me alone until we get there."

"That's what I'm trying to ask you! Where?" She tried to raise her hackles, but remembered he wouldn't be able to see it and gave up.

"I'm sorry for being such a trouble, Jayfeather, but this is for my sake, after all. Will we at least get there by moonhigh?" He sighed over dramatically, yet somehow very seriously, and nodded his head.

"Thank you, Jayfeather. For listening. You didn't have to, you know." She lay down, feeling the sweet relief of not carrying any weight. "Sorry, I'll catch up in a minute. I just need to take a break."

He padded on, the smell of rabbits and Windclan carrying on the wind. "We're heading to the Moonpool," he answered quietly.

She gasped, her cramp sharpening with pain as she took in the extra breath. The Moonpool, She thought.

Briarlight blinked her eyes open groggily, the moon shining almost directly above her in the sky. She panicked, looking for Jayfeather. The fresh smell of thrush warmed her nostrils. "It took a while, but I managed to catch something." Jayfeather was sitting a few tail-lengths away, gazing upwards, on guard.

She held back a laugh as she saw his ruffled pelt. "Let me get that," she offered. She groomed the twigs and mange out of his pelt and felt it get hot.

"I can get it myself!" He meowed, enraged. He shrunk backwards, and realized he had yelled. He dipped his head in apology. "Let's get going. It's almost moonhigh, and I gave you a promise."

~

this is short too, sorry. my time management skills aren't going too far. 
updated!!