Blood and tears

Shizuo sat on the couch soon after we had wailed into his apartment, he ran his hand through his hair as I stood by the couch awkwardly. "Y'know you can sit down right?" He chuckled lightly as I blushed at at beside him only a few inches away. "So.... Um..... I fiddled with my fingers trying to think of what to say, it's really hard when you have your highschool crush beside you in his apartment, "what exactly did you-" my sentence was cut off when he placed a finger to my lips and looked straight into my eyes, "shh......" We sat in silence for a moment before he spoke, "I thought I heard voices, damn, that fleas driving me insane."

"Flea? Oh... You mean Izaya." I caught on quickly due to his glance to the side as I spoke, "sorry..... I'm a bit slow today..."

"Slow, you're quicker then half the people I consult with, at least you know who he is." He smirked lightly as I blushed at his statement. I haven't talked to anyone much since I had been expelled from the highschool. "Well, I really shouldn't stay to talk," I laughed sheepishly, "I've got some stuff to do, I hope you understand."

"I got it," he smiled, "go ahead, we can talk another time."

"See ya' Shizuo." I laughed slightly as I walked out the door and into one of the deserted ally ways nearby.

A slight crash made me jump slightly as I looked around, "damn stray cats." It was true, I really loved cats but strays where a nuisance, they always messed something up. Upon hearing another crash I figured it was just another stray cat. That was, until someone grabbed me from behind and pressed a knife against my throat. "Now," a mans voice drifted through the cold winter air, "now, don't make any noises." I stopped moving for a moment before starting to sing. It was a small song from my childhood but it worked like a charm. "C'mon, let's forget that the future, that will be smeared in blood again. If the tepid wind winds in coils,

it's probably a sign..... Dash out, dash out, from your far too sad destiny.

You are not the flower of hell.

At such a place, don't bloom here, don't bloom here, you mustn't get caught yet. The pieces of time flutter about soundlessly." The crook removed the weapon from my throat at the sad tune as I spun around and punched him in the gut. "Dumbass, don't try to mug a woman that's stronger then you."