7

"I swear, we were supposed to make a left back there."

"No, Vernon Road is a mile more, and then you take a left to Super Valley."

"No, you were supposed to take the left back there on Lee Road, make a right, and then two lefts."

"Colt," I tightened my grip on the wheel already in annoyance, "Shut up! I know where I am going."

"Clearly," he rolled his eyes.

It was nearly 10:00 p.m, and I was chauffeuring Colt around the windy roads behind the school, trying to get to this stupid party, so the football player can drink his sorrows away for two hours, yet I would have to carry his drunk ass home.

Except, he forgot where his friend lives, and, since both of us live on the other side of the highway, we don't know how to get anywhere on this side of the highway without a GPS. In other words, we were lost, but neither of us wants to admit.

"Make that left," he pointed to Iron Road.

"Hell no," I shook my head, "We're supposed to make a right, I know it."

"Fucking done with your shit," Colt muttered and grabbed my steering wheel. In anger, I attempted to push him away, which made the car spin, and Colt rock back in his seat. I let go of the steering wheel in fear to cover my eyes, and I think Colt tried to grab the wheel again, but was too late. The car crashed into a tree, and my truck hit a tree. A big thud occurred, and both of us moved forward, but our seatbelt held us back.

The car was fine, thankfully. But I was not ok, mentally. I looked at the bent tree, and my car was stuck in mud, it couldn't reverse. We crashed near an empty beach, so no one could help us. Colt used the charger as an aux cord, so both of our phones were dead. The nearest homes were in Iron Road, but Colt and I both agreed that the people who live there are creepy. It was near freezing, and we were lost anyways. What was the first thing I did?

"You fucking imbecile!" I screamed so loud, "You never grab the fucking wheel when I am driving. Look what you did-"

"Me?" he emphasized, "You were the one that got us lost!"

"You were the one who made me drive you to the stupid party!"

"You were the one who was at the game!"

"You were the one that made me go!"

"You were the one that needed a homecoming date!"

"You were the one who needed a ride back home every day!"

Before Colt could think of a comeback, I suggested trying to pull my car out of the mud, so we can both just go straight home. He, surprisingly, agreed, and we walked back towards the truck. As if on cue, a beehive from the tree the car hit, fell and smashed onto the front of the car.

"Shit," Colt whispered.

He grabbed my hand, and we ran out of the woods, as the bees chased behind us. I completely ignored the fact that Colt was holding my hand, and sprinted for my life. I was not about to get stung by hundreds of bees angry at my car. We reached the beach, ignoring the cold weather.

"We need to hide in the water," Colt panicked.

I didn't argue with him, but I ran with him, hand in hand. The swarm of bees seemed to have dispersed at the edge of the forest, and the final end of the story was we were both wet. My torso and down was soaking, and I was shivering holding onto Colt for some warmth. He didn't move a muscle.

It seemed he had lost interest in the bees, and his eyes were wandering somewhere else. I, on the other hand, was trying to elaborate on the situation at hand. We had no car, no phone, we were lost, stuck in the water, and it was probably midnight. I couldn't help, but cry. I tend not to cry because I'm tough as steel, and I especially don't cry in front of people, and importantly not people like Colt. But, I couldn't help it. Sure, Colt's parents wouldn't care because he mentioned they were staying at his uncle's for the weekend, and mine were at a wedding. Oh! That adds onto the situation, we have no parents to contact. Of course we both do not have sibling either, not that we would be able to have contact with them. This has to be some kind of joke.