9

I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER, BUT HERE IS A LONG CHAPTER, WITH AN ENDING I THINK YOU WILL LIKE, OR MAYBE NOT... ANYWAYS, VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE, AND I HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT SUMMER (: X

"A, you haven't eaten all morning."

"Good, she shouldn't. Why should we care if she eats or not?"

"Ashleigh! She is our daughter, her health is most important."

The usual morning fights prevailed. Mother brings up boys, I bring up her lack of common sense, and father tries to be Switzerland. I lose my appetite and drive to school early. I can never get a break, even in my own home. I deal with two beasts non stop: my mother and Colt Stern. 

"What about that boy yesterday?"

"What boy?"

"Well, I overheard Autumn on the phone talking about giving a boy a ride home. That's sweet of you dear, is he going to be your date?"

"Ash, what did I tell you about this homecoming topic."

"Homecoming is in a week and a half!"

"Is this how you want to raise, Autumn? To be materialistic and popularity obsessed?"

"Since when did you care how I raise my daughter? You never stepped foot before."

"I started to butt in because I noticed our daughter is not in a good state."

Iris, Halsey and Daisy would love to get a load of this, wouldn't they. Imagine their faces when they see the golden couple not so golden after all, bickering on and on about how to properly raise a child, gosh I can already picture it. Halsey would pretend that she is the oh, so, most knowledgeable human being on Earth and give my mother false advice on how to properly raise "a girl like me"; Daisy would give her life story and brag on how "perfect" her three little flowers are; and Iris, as much as I hate her the least, would not even understand the situation, period.

To please both my parents, I grabbed the bagel from my father's hand, took a bite from it, and handed it back to him. 

"There," I mumbled with the food in my mouth, "I ate food, father, and I ate just enough to satisfy your needs, mother. Now, as much as I hate to interrupt a colorful bicker, I have some classes to attend to. I'll eat something at school. See you in a bit, love you, bye."

Although the war ends here, I still have the next battle on the football fields.

***

With only ten minutes left before Colt's typical, painful football practice came to an end, I gathered my AP Government textbook and binder, and made my way behind the field to my car. Taking a bite from my banana I bought at school, I wiggled the handle of the back seat door for a few seconds until it finally grudged open, allowing me to toss all my books in the back. I was just about ready to jump to the front seat to pick up Colt from kiss and ride, until I felt a hand pressing on my left shoulder. My instinct was to grab one of the books and slap the intruder touching me, so I did.

"Autumn, it's me, chill!" Colt shrieked when my book slapped his arm, not that it hurt his watermelon shaped muscles anyway.

"What are you-"

"Come on!" he didn't let me finish my sentence and grabbed my hand leaving my car behind. 

He dragged me behind him, and let me tell you, there is a reason why he is a football star. He was running at the speed of light, while my turtle like athletic abilities tumbled at his side. I had a sense of deja vu with us holding hands and running for our life, as if this happened before. Oh, wait, it did; we were escaping from a herd of bees not too long ago. Then, we got stuck at a beach and kidnapped on a boat- good times.