Chapter 4- Screams

Zach's pov
"what is x?" I yawned, flipping over the page a bit. "What is x?" "Dad, it's not a big deal." I heard
Sky say. "You have to understand-" I heard her dad say back. "I don't have to understand anything." I stand up and move to the window seeing sky and her dad's shadows. "We were just talking. Why can't I have friends?" "You know why!" "That's not fair. You can't lock me up." "You're never allowed to see that boy. You understand me? Ever!" "Dad, please calm down." I heard something crashing. "Sky." "No!" I saw  Sky cowering and heard her scream and I saw the lights go out. I ran to my door and ran out the back door and ran to the fence to see it covered up. "What?" I said, turning I saw the bin and grabbed it over to the fence and climbed on top of it and climbed over the fence. I then ran to the front yard and to the door and banged on it till Mr shivers answers the door "what?" He asked "I heard a scream. Is Sky okay?" I asked. "There was no scream." He said "what?" "Get out of here, or the last scream you ever hear will be your own" He said, while closing the door. "No. Wait, wait-" I said but the door closed, I stared at it for a minute before running back to my house. I entered the house "mom." I say walking into the kitchen noticing. Mom there. "Hey, mom. Mom. Mom." I said, walking up to her and tapped the counter, and moving past her. "Oh, hey, sweetie. Hey, how about quinoa for dinner?" Mom asked "mom Sky's in trouble." I said "oh, who's Sky?" Mom asked. I saw the phone on the counter and pick it up dialing a number and moving to the back door. "Madison County 911." "Hi, yes. Uh, I like every on Monroe. Um- uh, it's an emergency, I think." I said. "Zach, what's going on?" Mom asked "yeah. Maybe possibly a domestic disturbance. I don't know." I said. When the police got here we went to there house and the officer knocked on the door and Mr shivers answered. "You're under arrest." There female officer said "oh.... Wup. Wup, wup, wup. I love that enthusiasm. I love that. Keep it,but we're just not there yet. Hello. Sir my name's officer Stevens. This is training officer Brooks." There male officer said. "Sorry about that." "You don't need to be sorry. You're doing a great job." Really?" "You're doing fantastic. We got a call about a possible 10- 16 at your residence. Which is? The male officer asked the female officer. "Um... don't tell me. It's a domestic disturbance." "Absolutely right." "Really?" "Absolutely right." "Strange because I've been here alone all night and I haven't heard a thing." Mr Shivers said. " No, no, he's lying. Where's Sky  I know it was her screaming." I said :heh. Okay, yes. Sky's my daughter, she's been staying with me for a while while her mother sorted out a few things out... with her new husband. She flew back to London yesterday morning." Mr Shivers said "all rights that checks out. Apologies, sir. Thank you for your time. We're sorry for the disturbance." There male officer said, getting ready to leave, when a other similar scream broke out. " We all went in to see what it was and it came from the TV "surround sound. I didn't know being an audiophile was a crime." Mr Shivers said, the female officer taking the the wrong way said "being a what? A what-a-phile?" While the other officer holds her back "whoa, whoa. Whoa. That just means he uses a connoisseur... of high-end audio equipment." "Oh." "Hi. I'm so sorry. We haven't properly met. I'm Gale Copper, your new neighbour. It's a beautiful home you have." Mom said, while I looked around "pleasure's mine. Thank you so much for stopping by and bringing your... delightful son and the police." Mr Shivers said "Again, I'm so sorry." Mom said, while I kept my stare on him "apologies for this, sir. We hate coming into the home of a upstanding citizen." The male officer said, Mr Shivers gazed over to something I followed his hated and noticed he was looking at the stairs I turn back to him and notice his nervous gestures. "Sky! Sky!" I shout, moving to the stairs "whoa!" "Sky!" I shout, trying to trace up up them, but the male officer stopped me. "No. Hold on, big guy." "No, just look upstairs. Trust me." I said "should tase him?"the female officer asked "I'll tase him" "I'll like that moxie, but we'll hold of" the male officer said moving me outside. "Have any idea what the penalty is for filing a false police report?" "Three years." "Close it's a written warning." I get out of the hold they had on me  "Hold on. Mom, tell me you don't believe him. Surround sound? Seriously?" I said. "Zach, enough. Go home" mom said, I look at her and turn to look at Mr Shivers and he was grinning while closing the door. I turn and shake my head and going to the house. The only thought that was on my mind was 'what is he hiding up there'