Chapter One (Ross)

I curled up on one of the many bean bags at the offices. We had a bunch of them scattered in a messy circle to talk and stuff. Shelby, Max, Cory, and I had came down to visit. We were talking about what random thing to do for a vlog.

Emily sat next to me, it was her break and she was scribbling words into a notebook. Her face was relaxed and calm but her brown eyes were worried and stressed. I quickly snatched the notebook from Em then chucked it at Jessica, who was making a cringey pun.

"What the he--" Em hissed, before being cut off by Jess' screech.

"Dang," Cory smirked, clearly amused by the scence.

Shelby grabbed the notebook and quickly snapped it open. She scanned the page that Em was writing in. It was filled with things Emily needs to do, schedules, and it really looked like the definition of stress.

Emily flew up to her feet and grabbed her book and hugged it to her chest. She flipped me off and stalked outside. I sighed and shrugged.

"We better go get her... Em tends to go into the woods and last time I found her in a tree because there was a bear," Max said and put up his phone.

Everyone softly nodded.

They strides outside and saw the girl racing between the trees, the fallen  leaves making her running louder. We chased after her, Shelby raced ahead easily. She disappeared after Emily. They were a out of sight, and at least 15 minutes ahead because I had tripped on a dumb rock.

"AAAAAAAHH!" Shelby and Emily screamed ahead.

I pushed my burning legs to run faster and stumbled into a small circle of land without trees.

I was horrified by the sight.

Take my hand and spread your worn wings, and we won't fall we will be flying without intention.