Chapter 6 (Jessica)

I froze, the others did the same. Shelby dropped the gun and Emily turned off the camera and stood up.

I strode to the window and after a heartbeat of silence, three creatures emerged from the birch forest. Their scales glimmered compared to the pale wood and the dull snow.

The leading dragon was a red and gold beast that held his head slightly up. There was a bright green dragon with a white trailing scales. The left dragon was gold and black, with a pair was odd eyes.

I carefully pushed open the door, Ross let out a sound of protest and Cory scrambled after me, almost slipping on the frosted cement. I calmly walked to the railing, confident, or aleast hiding my fear. The leading dragon looked suprised for a moment then shook his head. The lime colored dragon grinned, "Lookie! It's mine! She's so tiny~!"

I huffed in protest, "I'm not THAT tiny!"

Cory grabbed the edge of my shirt, franticly looking at the dragons then to us. I turned to look at him, a silent conversation lasted a few heartbeats. Cory sighed and took a step back and released my shirt. The gold and red dragon snickered, "Haha! It seems like Greed's human is scared by Gluttony's lil' midget!"

I made a face, Cory hid a smirk. Greed, the one on the left, acted hurt, "Wow, did you just call Cory a scaredy-cat? Now, now Wrath, I don't call Max a little sh--"

"DON'T CALL HER A MIDGET SHE'S ADORABLE!" Gluttony cried.

I hissed, "WHY ARE YOU HERE!?"

Wrath sighed, "Look we have a job to do and clearly your friends won't help so... Sorry, not sorry."

Wrath leaned forward and suddenly jerked his talons forward, catching the top of my jeans. I yelped, the creature pulled back with a sneer. Gluttony stuck his paw out, and the red dragon dropped me into his talons. I looked back, struggling to my feet with no reward. Cory looked horrified, I heard the others cry out. I tightly closed my eyes.

"Let's go," Wrath growled.

Take to the skies above my dreams and count the many stars with me. Well come to life and do me a favor, and change the world. When people ask you why, tell them, "Why not?"