Chapter 4

The weekend came early, and Clint was jumping around in a giant T-shirt. He was smiling and running around, chasing the cleaning robots.

"We need to get him some toys," Bruce yawned, walking out of his dorm.

"To be honest, Bruce, I'm glad he's happy. He's never been this happy. He came from a rough childhood," Natasha sighed, greeting Bruce in the hallway.

"Like...?" Bruce asked.

"I read his file. Clint came from an abusive family. His father took his anger out on him. Clint and his brother, Barney, became orphans not long after," Steve said, making some coffee.

"Auntie Nat, look!" Clint was standing on the robot like an acrobat.

Natasha chuckled and scooped up the little archer. "How about we ask Uncle Thor and Aunt Wanda to stop by the park?"

"Yay!" Clint raised his hands with happiness.

"You know you're not going with them. Sam is," Tony frowned.

"Oh yes, I am. I have more experience with children than you do," Natasha frowned back.

"Fine, Cap. Sam's back on training."

"Good idea," Steve agreed.

Later, around 10:00 AM

"Let us go scavenge the mall, for the young one needs clothes!" Thor shouted, raising his hammer. He placed little Clint on his shoulder and proceeded to walk in fully armored.

"Oh gosh," Wanda was scared.

"Relax, Wanda," Natasha smiled.

"I need shoes!" Clint shouted.

"Yes, thy need shoes!" Thor was shouting with Clint.

"Thor, inside voice," Wanda hissed.

"Thy need shoes," Thor whispered.

"Better."

After five hours of shopping (Thor broke everything), the Avengers went straight home with a napping Clint in Wanda's arms.