| Chapter One |

| Arthur |

Arthur tapped the pencil tip on his lip inquisitively, his mind racing, attempting to wrap his ideas together into one concept - but failing terribly.

He had only a few weeks left until he had to send in a draft of his new story to the publishing firm - and he just didn't know how to start.

Every attempt ended up becoming a crumpled paper ball, that he eventually used to practice making shots into the waste-basket - something he failed at miserably.

Arthur was too stressed to write something good.

Romance novels just didn't sell like they used to - ever since love became easier to find; unlike the intense adventures and journeys characters took in order to realize their love for one another as before.

And better yet - all his friends were beginning to find their soulmates.

His closest friend, Honda Kiku, was the only one to still be what people referred to as 'Soulless', meaning that, you still had yet to find your soulmate.

Arthur's friends had found their Soulmates years ago - passing the dating portion of life, and taking the next step - marriage.

Antonio Fernandez Carriedo, and Lovino Vargas - were the first.

They met accidentally at work, Antonio came to work for the Vargas family restaurant, and as time moved along with the two working as waiters - they both began to feel 'the warmth'.

When you're finally near your soulmate, and you're ready to accept it, your stone will start to heat up whenever your near them - gradually telling you that you were simply meant to be.

Arthur shook his head, and sighed. His friends had at least felt the warmth, he had never even gotten a glimpse of what it felt like.

He sighed, and laid his head down on his desk, suddenly feeling very sleepy.

Arthur was near to nodding off, when his phone starting ringing.

"What the bloody..." Arthur mumbled, rubbing sleep out of his eyes.

He stood, and walked over to his landline, old school, telephone. He picked the dial off the receiver, and held it to his ear.

"Hello, you've reached the Kirkland Residence - this is Arthur speaking."

"It always amuses you when you say," an accented voice said on the other end, "Like there are other people who live with you, Arthur-san."

Arthur narrowed his eyes, "Thank you, Kiku, for reminding me. Not like you have anyone at your place or anything."

Arthur could tell Kiku was about to answer, before a loud crash sounded on his end.

"Are you alright, Kiku?" Arthur asked, concerned.

Kiku sighed, "Hai. I am fine. It's just Heracles-san, he was supposed to go home hours ago..."

Arthur chuckled, "Perhaps he's trying to tell you something, Kiku~"

Arthur could almost feel the eye-roll in Kiku's voice, "Shut up. I'm not here to talk about that...I found you an apartment."

Arthur immediately lightened up, "Oh?"

"It's in the heart of New York City, I believe you will like it there very much, Arthur-san."

Arthur's eyes lit up with excitement. He had been planning to move to America for quite a while now, having gotten his passport and such in order - he only needed to find an apartment.

Kiku had moved to New York City, about a year ago, but it had taken almost that full year to find Arthur an apartment as well - it seemed that just about everyone wanted to live in that city.

"It is not very far from my place, it has been too long since I've seen you, Arthur-san."

"I cannot disagree with here there, old friend," Arthur said, a sad smile on his face, "I do miss your wanker face very much."

"Hai. And your stupid one as well."

Arthur chuckled, and rolled his eyes, "Well, how soon can I come over?"

Kiku giggled, "How soon can you book a flight?"

Arthur smirked, "How does now sound?"

"Now sounds perfect, Arthur-san."