Day 7

Camila's P.O.V

---

When Lauren came and sat next to me that day, no words were exchanged. Not one.

She walked up and offered me a weak smile, yet still avoiding my eyes as she accepted the chocolate ice-cream I held out for her. She sat next to me without a word, not making any snarky comments like she usually would.

It was just Lauren, me, our ice-creams, and silence.

I originally planned on trying to make conversation, but when I finally turned to look at her and spotted the silent tears flowing down her cheeks, I decided against it.

I wasn't completely sure why, but it made me sad knowing that she was. I couldn't say anything, but I knew something was wrong and that tore me apart. I hoped that she found some kind of comfort in my presence and the ice-cream that I had given her.

Whatever it was that upset her hadn't deterred her from still coming here to sit with me, and that made me happy.

Just as usual, Lauren had finished her ice-cream before I was even halfway through mine. I couldn't bring myself to watch as she stood up and walked away without any kind of goodbye. That made me wonder what it was that had upset her so much. I couldn't imagine a Lauren that doesn't talk and make dorky comments all the time, so it must be something important.

I almost felt tears in my own eyes at the thought, until I turned my head to the side to see that she had left her ice-cream stick on the bench. I didn't hesitate to reach over and pick it up, turning it over to see pen lines scratched along the length of it.

'Sorry. See you tomorrow Camz x'

Neither ice-cream melted.