Day 8

Lauren's P.O.V

---

When I walked up to Camila that day, her head was down and she was staring at the ground; much like when I had seen her the first time. It's like she was lost in thought, and didn't actually look up until I said something.

'Hey.' I felt nervous for some reason when Camila heard my voice and lifted her head to smile, holding out one of the ice-creams for me.

'Hey.' Her reply was small, but I could still hear it as I accepted the ice-cream and took my usual spot next to her on the bench.

After not talking to her yesterday, I felt bad and wanted to apologize.

'Hey Camila,' I started, stuttering somewhat and unsure of how to put my words together. 'About yesterday; I'm so-'

'No.' When I looked to my left, Camila was shaking her head, a gentle smile on her lips. 'It's okay.'

'Yeah, but I'm still sor-' I tried apologizing again, but she still interrupted me.

'Lauren, I'm more worried about you than your apology. Are you okay?' When she didn't give up, I sighed quietly and turned back to stare in front of me.

'Yeah, I'm okay.' I shrugged, not sure of how to explain. 'I was just really upset yesterday.'

'I'm glad you're okay now.' Camila said, sounding relieved. 'You're not moving away or something, are you?' I quickly shook my head.

'God no. If I was I'd tell you. Just...' I took a pause and then decided on what I wanted to say. 'Family stuff.' She only nodded.

'I understand that.'

It wasn't until something cold touched my hand that I realized our ice-creams had started to melt, so we both began eating them quickly (Camila wasn't as fast and didn't want to risk getting a brainfreeze).

I was surprised to taste that the ice-cream was rainbow today, I had been too focused on Camila to even look at them before.

'Rainbow?'

'Yup. I wanted something different again today, so why not? And just to keep it different to make sure you come back.' She added the last bit with a laugh.

'It's actually my favorite.' When I admitted that rainbow was my favorite ice-cream, her face lit up.

'Okay, well I guess I'll have to get rainbow all the time then!' She poked her tongue out and scrunched her nose up. It was really cute.

We ate the rest of our ice-cream in silence, and when I finished, I felt an itch at my nose.

Camila turned to look at me when I sneezed loudly, quickly bringing my hand up to cover my face.

'Wow, I had no idea that I was so hot I could make you sick.' Camila joked, but I waved my hand around instead of laughing.

'Don't joke about that! Every time someone does I get really sick.' I pouted and looked down at the ground, not wanting to admit that my throat had been pretty sore for most of the day now. I could feel that I was getting sick anyway, but Camila still apologized for joking about it.

'Well, thank you Camz for the ice-cream.' I thanked her with a smile as I stood up to stretch.

'Ah yes, no problem at all Lauren.' Camila returned politely and laughed. Even though I had already stood up, I stayed for another minute, watching her face as she continued eating her ice-cream.

'Alright, I gotta go now. I'll see you tomorrow?' I asked with a tilt of my head, and Camila lifted her head to offer me another one of her adorable smiles.

'See you tomorrow!'

Neither ice-cream melted.