Godric's New Progeny

I lived in an abandoned building just at the edge of the town of Bon temps. I am 15 years old and I live here while I take care of my sick mother. My mother and I have lived like this for many years and for the past 6 years I have taken care of her after she became ill. She told me it was cancer since it ran in the family. 

It hit hard because I knew once the cancer took her, I'd be all alone. I went out when I could to get food, but being poor I didn't have much luck. The food I did bring back was often just enough for one and I always gave it to my mother, she never noticed as she was out of it most of the time from pain. The other thing that she didn't notice was the bruises on my skin or cuts as I had to often go through alleys ways, as to avoid the police. This was because they could count me as an orphan, but that led to having a ruff and tumble with some men. I managed to get away with a scar going from above my left eye to the top of my lip.

I wore some grey trousers a top and a very thin jacket. Being in an abandoned building it was hard in the winter as we could not get any more layers than we had, but summer we were perfectly fine.

The reason we were so poor and lived like this was because my mother had fell in love with a vampire. His name was Andy, lovely fellow. However, he had involved himself in something which got him killed and because we were the closets thing to him wanted to kill us. We ran and hid for our lives and soon we lost everything. Anytime we got close to someone he killed them or anyone we spoke to.

Anyway it was night time at the moment. I had recently arrived home after a long day of searching for food, I barley had enough for one again. My stomach growled in protest at not getting food for another night. I hadn't eaten for nearly a week know and it was taking its toll on me. I was very cold as there were no windows so the wind could come and leave as it pleases.

I sighed and slumped against the wall I was so..so tired. I hurt.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tell me what you think? 

Should I carry on? or scrap it?

Thanks for reading