The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor

Sean’s P.O.V

    Getting a call in the middle of the night from North terrified me. All he said was there was a bird hurt and she was pregnant. When I asked when I was needed he said in the morning. It is about 5 in the morning, so I grabbed my medical bag and got into my car. I called Owen knowing that he needed to know about this. He answered on the first ring.

    “Sean.” His voice was clipped  and proper like always.

    “Owen.” I mimicked him.

    “Sean, what do you need.”

    “Meet me at Silas and North’s apartment they apparently found an injured bird. I’m heading over there, meet me there?”

    “On my way Dr. Green,” He ended the phone call as I put my car in reverse. I pulled out of my driveway and turned down the road. I drove the 35 minutes it takes to get from my condo to their apartment. I grabbed my medical bag and jumped out of my car once I parked it. I grabbed the black key from the 5 different colored keys hanging on my keychain.

    I unlocked the brown wooden door and stepped in. I saw a little boy sitting at the table, Silas handed him a bowl of cereal. The little boy had pitch black hair and stunning green eyes. His skin was a caramel color. His black hair was curly and short, it softly curled around his ear.  His chubby hand was raised as he waved. I waved back to him and raised my eyebrow waiting for Silas to point me in the direction the bird was. He pointed at North’s door and went back to the child getting a coloring book. I opened North’s door and was stunned by the beauty in his bed. She looked so tiny in his black clad bed. Her hair so blonde it almost looked white. I saw there was blood matted at the top of her head and instantly got to work.

I gave her a few stitches and cleaned her wound. North came out and pointed to her stomach. I raised my eyebrow but felt her stomach. A soft gasp escaped me as I felt the small baby bump that was barely there. I set out pain meds and water for her trying not to think about the discovery of the baby. I put bruising cream on her bruises to make them heal faster.  She groaned and woke up just as I put the last bit on her bruise.

“Stay off your feet for a few days. Don’t move your head too fast. Take 2 pain meds every 4 hours with water, and put the bruising cream on when you wake up and before you go to bed. I am going to take the stitches out in 2 weeks. You may feel light sensitivity.” I filled her in and got lost due to her eyes. They were so beautiful. Those green eyes, those sad green eyes will always haunt me.

“Thank you Doctor.” Her voice hit me like a train. It was soft and broken, yet so so strong.

“It’s just Sean,” I smiled softly and stood up, “I’ll leave you to get dressed. There are shirts in the first drawer.”I closed North’s door and immediately sighed.

I walked out into the kitchen and saw the little boy coloring a picture of a kitty. He kinda looked like a mini Silas, but not fully. I wonder if he is the Bird’s child. I saw Owen kneeled down next to the boy handing him crayons. Even kneeling down he made himself look perfect somehow. His steel grey eyes met mine, anger clear in his eyes. I walked to the boy and kneeled down by him.

“I’m Dr. Sean Green, are you hurt anywhere?”

“My names Andrew. I three. Ummmm i no think so?” I softly chuckled at his lack of words.

“Hi, Andrew. Is there anything I can get you? Any owies?” He started moving in his seat and and looked down at his hands.

“I want mommy. Um and I don’t want Daddy.” Andrew looked up tears in his eyes. I felt my heart shatter. I pulled him in for a hug and let him cry on my shoulder. Owens grey eyes met my green ones. We know exactly what to do.  I stood up bringing the boy with me. His tiny hands clutching my shirt.

“Andrew, hey baby boy how are you?” The little bird walked out of North’s room and to her son and I.

“Mommy!” Andrew jumped out of my arms and into hers.

Silas and North walked into the living room. North held a plate of bacon, sausage, and fruit. She took it smiling gently and sat down on the couch letting Andrew take some of her bacon. She said a small thank you her voice sounding even more delicate and breakable. Owen finally got a look at her and gasped. He stepped forward and kneeled down in front of her.

“Mrs. Korba?” His voice cracked slightly.

“Mr. Blackbourne, I remember you from the meet and greet.” Her smile was small and warm.

“What happened?”

“You, actually Mr. Blackbourne.”