Guilt

Guilt

Owen’s P.O.V

    I stared into Mrs. Korba’s vibrant green eyes. Guilt filled my gut as I registered her words. I had gotten reports from worried fans saying they thought she was getting abused.  I knew I should have approached her differently. A abusive husband always reacts badly to men who he feels is better than him. My voice was caught in my throat. I felt so guilty. Mrs. Korba’s white-blonde hair fell over her shoulders as her son played with it. The apology was on the tip of my tongue, my voice was trapped.

“I am so sorry, Mrs. Korba.” I grasped one of her hands and noticed she has marks on her fingertips due to playing the violin.

“Honestly, Mr. Blackbourne I have dealt with worse. It’s not so bad because the truth is I don’t love my husband.” Her green eyes dulled and she looked at her son.

“Why did you marry him?” Mr. Taylor interjected.

“To save the one person I really do love.” A smile hovered on her face, “This is actually not my husband’s child. I’m pregnant with my husband’s child but that’s it.”

“Wait, Andrew isn’t Theo’s?” Mr. Korba’s eyebrows raised in question.

“Andrew, isn’t Theo’s at all. I told Theo I was pregnant and he said he didn’t care, that no matter what we are getting married.”

“You guys look so happy during interviews though,” Mr. Taylor took the words right out of my mouth.

“Looks can be deceiving,” Her voice dulled as she smiled at her son and played with his hair.

Mr. Korba’s phone went off from where is was on the coffee table. He grunted and snatched up the blue I phone. He stumbled out into the kitchen to answer his phone. He came back after a few minutes, letting us know one of our brothers are joining us. Mrs. Korba finished her food and stood to go put it in the sink. Almost immediately all of us sat her right back down. I took her plate from her soft warm hands. I plated the plate in the dishwasher and straightened my tie. It was perfectly placed, but it is my nervous habit.

What is this woman doing to me? Hell, she is married! Once I collected myself I left the kitchen and entered the living room. When I entered I saw Mr. Korba and Dr. Green playing with the younger Mr. Korba. Mrs. Korba was laid against Mr. Taylor her pain medication kicking in. Mr. Lee walked into the apartment and froze as soon as he saw Mrs. Korba.

“Cynthia?” Mr. Lee’s voice cracked as tears filled his eyes.

“Kota!? I can explain please.” Cynthia stood up so fast she started swaying due to dizziness.

“Cynthia, don’t move so fast you will hurt yourself!” Dr. Green sprang into action, but Mr. Lee was already there.

“Why?” Mr. Lee looked betrayed.

“What is going on here?” I finally demanded.

“Kota, is my ex fiancee… and Andrew’s father.”