Epilogue

One year later :

I am twenty five and an assistant advertising manager living in Delhi. I left the divorce behind me and relentlessly pursued my career. I still wore skirts to work. I still went to parties.

But I'd become responsible now. I started living on my own for a while. I started cooking food on my own. Managed my life on my own.

I didn't find a life partner. I just found internal peace.

Didn't mean that my relatives had stopped making me meet guys. It is in their job description. How could they not do the one thing that they're famous for?

***
My parents eventually made peace with everything. Once again they were proud of me.

Surely there were people who pretended to support us and talked about us behind our backs. They called me the rebel and some just said a girl like me couldn't handle a sanskari husband.

Yes, I was a stereotype for them and he was the poster child for perfection. Honestly if he was called sanskari then I never wanted to be called that.

Since we are talking about Puneet, I'd say he was out of my life for good. He had left Delhi and settled in Dubai like he planned to.

I didn't even think about him anymore. Nor did I carry any negative emotions towards him. He just ceased to exist for me and I couldn't be happier.

I didn't have to defy anyone, I was free.