8. Tris?

I got stares as I made my way to the front office to get my schedule.  People where pointing and I heard my name being whispered over and over again.  Tris?  Echoing off the hallow halls I so didn't long to see. 

"I'm Ms. Jenkins.  Do you need a guild to help you find your classes, dear?"  The woman behind the desk asked giving me my schedule.

"No ma'am I know where they are.  But thank you anyway."  I replied as I walked off to find Jordan.  I finally spotted her after about 5 minutes of walking around searching.  She was causally leaning against her locker and rolled her eyes when she saw me.

"Hand it over," She told me and I quietly obliged to her demand.  Her eyes roamed over the paper I had given her.  After a couple seconds she handed it back.  "We have first together.  Our seconds are next door to one another.  And we have sixth period together too."  She smiled as did I.  At least I would have one friend in some of my classes.  I looked down at the paper seeing my schedule for the first time.

1st English IV

2nd French III

3rd Pre Calculus

4th Chemistry II Honors

5th Greek Mythology

6th Gym

This is going to be a long day.  Jordan and I were so caught up in talking that we didn't notice the hallway being cleared of everybody.  So on our first day we were late.  We walked into English IV with goofy smiles and interrupted Ms. Perry taking roll.

"What are your names? And why are you late?"  I spoke up for Jordan and I.

"We were talking and this is Jordan Parker and I'm Beatrice Ford.  But you can call me Tris, everyone does."

"Okay, Tris," She said almost rudely.  "Why don't you both find a sit before I send you to one, in the office."

"Whatever," I said looking around without letting my eyes stray to the corner on the left side of the room in the back, where he sat.  I smiled at a fellow werewolf and sat beside him and across the room from Conner.  Jordan took the seat on the other side of me.

"The first book we will read in this class will be Catcher in the Rye."   I tuned Ms. Perry out after that having already read it. I sat and idly doodled on my notebook.

"Ms. Ford!"  I looked up to see the whole class staring at me.  Ms. Perry stood over me and I imagine I had been sleeping in class.  "Since you find it necessary to sleep in my class, why don't you go stand in the front and tell the class who the main character of Catcher and the Rye is and a little about the book."  She sounded smug and I saw looks of sympathy being thrown at me.  I smiled making her blink confused and stood walking slowly to the front of the class.

"Ok, class, Catcher and the Rye is about a boy named Holden.  In the beginning of the book it is explained that Holden has been expelled several times and is on the brink of yet another.  Holden is the narrator making the book difficult to read because he doesn't necessarily stay on track.  So instead of going home after another failed attempt at private school Holden goes off to New York for the weekend.  The story tells of the adventures he has there."  I stood there looking at all there priceless faces.  Then decided to add, "It was banned in the early 1900s because it features prostitutes and Holden says GD every breath.  Now thank you for listening class." I smiled smugly and made my way back to my seat.

"You've read it?"  Ms. Perry asked.

"Of course, I read it my junior year."  I said snidely as she walked to the front of the room trying to rein in the class's attention yet again.