12. The Party

"You look good!" Jordan told me as I span around for her to see my whole outfit.  We were Skype since I was currently at my house. Conner was waiting downstairs and had been for twenty minutes.  I had been ready when he got here but Jordan is making me stay in my room.

"Can I go down now?"

"Okay,  but only because I want you here with me."  She smiled evilly, "It's nice making him wait though."  I rolled my eyes at this and closed my laptop.

When I came downstairs Conner was talking to my mother.  I smiled feeling bad for him. 

"Yeah I know she does."  Wait, what? Were they talking about me? 

"Finally!"  Conner said noticing new at the top of the stairs and smirking I'll at me.  I plastered a fake smile upon my face.

"You look so beautiful." He said in awe.

"Oh, honey," my mom continued with tear filled eyes.  "Pictures!" She said changing for a wistful expression to a gleeful one.

Rolling my eyes I quickly made my way down the stairs so my mother could take pictures.  She clicked away on the camera like it was prom. I signed exasperated and she gave me a half hearted smile before stopping.

"Let's go, Conner." I said grabbing his hand and pulling him outside before my mother embarrassed me farther.

"Tris!" Jordan yelled over the music running forward to embrace me.  "Do you like my outfit?"

She was wearing a deep blue dress that clung to her figure all the way to mid-tigh.  The top was a strapless v-neck and her heals were about 6inchs. She looked amazing.  I looked back up to see her smirking at me.

"You look goooood!"  I said drawling out the good. 

"You don't need to tell me that.  Trust me I know honey."  Jordan then preceded to wink at John, the beta of our pack.  John stopped and started to approach her but she turned away giving him the cold shoulder.  Confused he walked away only glancing back at Jordan twice. 

"Are you having a good birthday?"  I asked my Best friend. 

"Huh," she obviously hadn't been listening but thoughtfully staring into space.  "Yeah, best birthday ever." 

I gave her a smile before leaving her to her thoughts.  Walking off I felt a hand fall into mine.  I smiled I'll at Conner. 

"Want to dance?" I nodded not trusting my voice.  Conner put his arms around me smirking and I wrapped my arms around him also.  Swaying to the music I lost track of time, common sense, and all the people dancing around us.  His ever blue eyes looked into my deep brown's and I felt whole and content with the hand life had dealt me.  It's because he is our mate.  My wolf told me and I mentally rolled my eyes at her.  His lips inched down toward mine.  When we were a breath apart he stopped making sure it was what wanted.  When I didn't pull back from him he closed the gap.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry!" Said the boy who had knocked into Conner and I sending me to the ground.  His hand shoot out and helped me up. 

"I'm fine, no harm done."  No harm done? He ruined your first kiss with out mate. Sighing I dusted myself off and excusing myself walked up to my room.  Jordan and I were close enough that she had a room at my house and I at hers. 

JORDAN

I smirked snidely watching the scene unfold in front of me.  I felt a sense of happiness yet sadness fight for control in me while I thought about Tris and Corner's almost kiss. 

I knew Tris well enough to know that she went to her room.  Conner though, with a confused look upon his face, walked around searching for his lost mate. 

I suddenly thought of Conner and I.  A month before my sixteenth birthday we started going out.  He wished I would be his mate.  When I wasn't he wanted to stay together and told me it's like either of us could do better.  Of course I broke up with him about two weeks after my birthday.  My mother had been pissed.   "You could have been an alpha's mate! No matter who your real mate is you many do better than Conner."  Between my mother and Conner I was angry at their words.  I didn't know my mate yet but couldn't believe that he wasn't so much better than Conner.

I sighed Walking over to Conner.

"Conner!" He didn't look up not noticing who said his name.  "Conner!  I will tell you Where Tris is if you stop and listen to me."  That got his attention looking at new surprised I beckoned him to follow me to my room.  It was one of the few places in the house people could not go into. 

He was blushing but I didn't know why.  It's not like he'd never been in my room alone with me.  Then I saw him looking down at a black Lacy bra that sat upon the bed.

"Stop acting like that.  You know as much as I do that you've seen my bra and been on my bed with me so let's forget it and talk about Tris."  When he nodded I continued,  "Okay then.  Tris for some unknown reason has forgiven you.  Do I agree?  It might not be my place to say but no I wouldn't have forgiven you.  Then again mates have a special bond I couldn't even begin to understand." I took a deep breath.  "You need to go to her now.  The sooner you two get together the better for everyone."

"Thank you, Jordan."  I smiled because that was something I'd wanted to hear from him for a almost two years.  He started to turn away.

"Wait! You must promise me you'll ask her one question for me.  I don't care how you ask it. "

"Well what is it?" He said without turning back.

"Ask her about her first kiss."  I smiled like being nice for once.

He turned back around stunned, "Who?" Was all he said.  I rolled my eyes and took him down to Tris's room.  Knocking for him I ran off before she could open the door.

SORRY IF IT'S SHORT.  MY MOM HAD SURGERY AND THAT'S ALSO WHY IT TOOK ME A COUPLE DAYS TO POST.  I HAD NO WI-FI ON MY LAPTOP.  SO IF YOU SEE A LOT OF MISTAKES THAT'S BECAUSE I TYPED THIS ON MY PHONE.

COMMENT

VOTE

READ ON