05||Breaking the News and Rumors

The Italian Billionaire

Chapter Five

Breaking the News and Rumors

Vittoria Caseli

I groaned as the sunlight reached my eyes. I tried to block it with my big pillow and get to sleep again when suddenly, the most annoying thing in my bedroom made it's call. You guess it, my alarm clock. I ignored it for ten seconds when I put the pillow aside me and read the time, it was already eight in the morning. And just wow, just wow...my phone rang.

I groaned once again and stuffed my face on the soft, soft pillow. I got it and saw my mother calling. I answered amd received such beautiful morning call.

Did you note the sarcasm? No? Okay.

"Good Morning to you too mother"

"Vittoria Adriana Caseli! We need to talk as soon as possible" That completely set me off from my half-awake trance and got suddenly jumpy from the tone of my mother, which was quite frightening! She could have call my neighbour's attention! I felt my eardrums shaking!

"Mamma mia! Mother, what is it?" I stood up completely from my bed and went to the bathroom to have my morning rituals, with my phone and my mother's terrifying voice.

"You have some serious stuff to explain... Vittoria Caseli. It's on the morning paper"

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion and frowned. I wondered what did I do to make my mother greeted me in the morning in this manner and what was in the morning paper? I rolled out of bed with my morning hair that I should tend to, but decided to go downstairs instead and ask Laila for the morning paper this day and find out what was happening. I put on my flip flops and rushed outside the room. As I finally gone downstairs, I saw Laila with a worried expression, I really now realised that something was serious and it wasn't good news. She showed me the newspaper, more specifically, the showbiz section, the picture was none other than the lying bastard and traitorous back-stabbing ex-bestfriend, kissing in public.

Wow, just wow. I wanted to gag.

I put down my phone and thought best that I don't press the speaker, I grabbed the morning paper slowly with manner. I read out the headline. It's obviously Italian but I would read it in english. (for you)

Lettieri COO with Society's Darling Malfatti?

Yesterday, the media had some field day when Businessman, Angelo Lettieri and Rome's Society's Darling, Paola Malfatti was caught in a rather intimate moment. Sharing a kiss than can rival an old married couple's and a cozy embrace. It was no hallucination that they seemed to enjoy each other's company and their wide grins say it.

Now, this what really made the media confused, wasn't Lettieri engaged to none other than Caseli Hotel Empire Heiress, Vittoria Caseli? A famous feminine figure in the business world that was greatly raised into poise by former Caseli CEO and his widow, Austin and Adriana Caseli, who the former was influential and the latter being strong on handling the empire. What happened to these two lovebirds? And wasn't Paola Malfatti's Vittoria Caseli's best friend? So, this was some back-stabbing foreplay by her two important people? Or did something happened before that both parties didn't shared? Is the Caseli Heiress even aware of this? What would happen now in the business world after this? Will the Caseli Empire fall?