Chapter 11

"You've got to be kidding me."

Deacon stared at the costume in my hands.

I was completely serious, I was going to get him to wear this. Whatever it took. It would be hilarious to have him walking around town in a loincloth.

"What's the matter? I thought you had no insecurities about your body."

He thought for a second, before snatching the costume and going into the bathroom to change.

"I'll be right back."

That was easier than I thought it would be. I decided to put on the Silver Shroud costume while I waited.

I had my armor in my bag and was in my bra, about to put on the coat when the door opened. I screeched, and quickly pulled on the costume.

"Relax, I didn't see anything."

I looked over, and he was behind the door still.

"Come on out, let's see it."

There was a pause.

"It's really small, boss. I don't think I can wear this."

I walked over to the door and opened it.

"I'm sure it's-"

I stopped in the middle of the sentence, and stared at him. He was right, it was small. And he was muscular. I blinked, suddenly inarticulate and awkward.

"Uh... whoa. Yeah... that's a bit small. I- I think I'll wait out here for you to uh, put your regular clothes on."

Deacon noticed my awkwardness, and smirked.

"You know what? I think I'll keep it on."

He walked out of the room, and I watched him for a second, then looked away. I put my hand up to cover my eyes.

"Deacon, why? This was a terrible idea. One shot and you'd be a goner. Go put on some real clothes."

He sighed and went back into the room.

"Fine. Give me a minute."

I waited until he was behind the closed door to quickly put my clothes and armor back on..

He came out wearing his usual undershirt and jeans. I nodded and looked at him.

"Good, you're dressed. I need to go back to Sanctuary to drop off my stuff."

Deacon grinned at me.

"You liked seeing me in that. I'll keep that in mind."

I felt my face get pink.

"We are never talking about this again. I am selling it as soon as possible."

I started walking outside again, and he followed me. I set the Pip-Boy to take us to Sanctuary Hills.

...

I opened the workshop and put all of the things I found in it. I pulled the Shroud costume out of my bag to put it in, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I put it back in my bag. I closed the workshop and went to the cooking station to make some food for the next trip. Deacon ran over, wearing flannel and jeans. I looked up at him.

"Seriously? You just changed your clothes, again?"

He nodded.

"It's important that I stay hidden. Disguised."

I stirred the pot.

"Why?"

"Because I'm actually the leader of the Railroad. Desdemonda just covers for me."

I nodded, impressed.

"That's pretty cool. So you're the idiot who made the password to get in your top secret hideout for the Underground Railroad 'railroad'."

He frowned.

"It works, doesn't it?"

I shrugged, and wrapped up the finished food.

"For now. Until someone wisens up and figures it out."