Chapter 3

(GINNY'S POV)
I woke up fairly early the next morning, it was the first night I hadn't had a nightmare in quite awhile. I rolled over on to my side and saw Harry lying there peacefully, his hair was a complete mess covering his scar and his eyelids covering his gorgeous emerald eyes. I wrap my arms around Harry and give him a quick kiss not wanting to awake him from his sleep.
Hogwarts feels completely different, it's really hard to look at all the damage, every thing around me brings back memories. Some of the memories are happy but most of them sad, so many friends and family have died but I'm most up set about Fred, but to Harry, all the people who died were like family to him, Fred, Remus, Tonks, his parents, Sirius, all of them. I know Harry blames himself for the death of everyone which is what upsets me most.

(HARRY'S POV)
I wake up light hitting my face, it looked like a nice day outside but today was a bad day for Harry was again a bad day, there was going to be a Remembrance service by the lake. I had to go I couldn't not attend, and I was sure I was going to be congratulated for what I did but I really don't deserve it.
I walk out of the castle gates and down towards the lake where there now stands a statue of me, I really didn't want a statue of me there. As I'm walking down I feel a hand on my should ant turn to see who it is and its ginny.
"Harry? Are you ok?" Ginny says with sadness in her voice
"I still fell like it's all my fault all these people are dead, and I can't stand there being a statue of me."
"Harry there doing it to remind everyone of all who died and there also doing it so the whole wizarding community know what a great wizard you Harry."
"I guess"
"And before you say anything it's not your fault"
"IT IS THERE DEAD BECAUSE OF ME"
"Harry they were not fighting for you, no one blames you for what you did. Harry everyone wants to thank you for saving the wizard race"
"Fine"
"And Harry. I love you."
"I love you too gin."
"Shall we go find our seats then?"
"Ok then let's go"

The ceremony seemed to last for hours, all thought the crowd you could hear sobs and crying. After each name was read out there family went up and wrote the persons name and then a quote or something that relates to them. We all went up when Fred's name was read out and George did the writing. After the memorial ceremony there was a prize giving, I could tell Harry wanted to leave but I managed to stop him and persuade him to say.
"Now we will read out the names of those who helped win the 2nd war" bellowed Kingsley
(Reads out names of people in the DA)
"The tier 2 award will go to: Nevill longbottom, Luna lovegood and ginny weasly."
I walked up to the podium behind Nevill and Luna and we all received our awards
"Next the tier 1 award, this will go to hermione granger and Ronald weasly." A massive cheese went up as they both received there awards.
"And finally the 2nd minsters award for bravery and accomplishment goes to Mr Harry Potter." As Kingsley says this everyone stands up, claps and cheers until Harry reaches the podium and Kingsley starts to speak again
"As you all know Harry killed Lord Voldemort, he saved the wizard community, we therefore would like to reward him 500,000 galleons, we know this is only money but we will never be able to repay you for what you have done. Thankyou.
Harry stand up and begins his speech

"first of all I'd like to say thank you for coming and helping in the war, but first I'd like to tell you something. As you may know hagrid came into the school with the death eaters carrying me, I had been to the forbidden Forest. The reason why is because I was a horcrux, I essentially had Voldemort living in me for 17 years. Anyway I turned my self in to Voldemort, you may ask what happened, what happened is I yet again survived the killing curse, and I realised once I survived how I survived it. There is a type of magic out there more powerful than any kind of magic however dark it may be, that magic is love. I was told by dumbledore these exact words 'Harry there is something you have that Voldemort doesn't' my first thought was that it was my nose but no 'Harry it can't be seen and it lives writhing in the skin.' And I then asked what this magic was and his reply was 'love Harry, love'. What if Lord Voldemort grew up with love and a caring family who looked after him he most likely wouldn't have become who he did."
"Anyway the thing that helped me survive both times was love, and when I 'died' in the forest the love towards someone allowed me to survive. Anyway thank you again."

(GINNY'S POV)
I actually started crying during Harry's speech, knowing that the person he loved was me. Me, ginny weasly, out of anyone he picked me! I ran over to him after he came down from the podium and we then finally met up with the rest of the family and aparated to the burrow.