Prologue

Some parts of this chapter is from Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix movie!

(This is just quick recap of some scenes in Harry Potter and the order of phoenix so it's really short! The quotes I've put in aren't exact quotes from the book/movie and I've changed up some things as well. Just a heads up!

Luna climbs into a cart, pulled by creatures called threstrals. They could only be seen by those who have seen death, and unfortunately, she was one of them. Her mom had died when Ishe was nine years old due to an experiment with a spell. She pulls out the quibbler, turned it upside down and began to read.

"What is that? Pulling the carriage?"Luna lifted her head over the magazine to see a teenager boy with messy hair and round glasses. Her eyes trailed instinctively to his forward and she immediately sees the lightning bolt scar on his forehead.

"Nothing's pulling the carriage, Harry," Said the curly brown hair girl next to her; she knew her as Hermione. A lot of people talk about her because she's very smart in classes."It's pulling itself, like always." As he and his friends approached the carriage, she found the courage to speak. 

"You're not going mad...I can see them too,"Luna tells him, lowering the magazine to meet his eyes. "You're just as sane as I am."His other friends, one with ginger hair and one with black hair stared at me. She blinks back calmly, already used to stares like these from her fellow classmates. They were a year above her, but she didn't hesitate to start a conversation with them.

"Everyone, meet Loony-" Hermione broke off, embarrassed.  Luna turns to look at her. She looks over at the boy in front of her who was holding some kind of strange plant. Their eyes met and they quickly looked away. She brushes her hair to hide the fact that she was blushing. She could feel the heat rising up her face. Isn't that Neville? He's really nice, I think, but I know others bully him. She thinks to herself.

"I hope there's pudding," She blurted out randomly, hoping to distract the others from looking at her face. 

A few months later (at the Department of Mysteries)

Luna had her wand out and ready. She could her friends, panting next to her as they fled the Death Eaters. Bam! She stunned a man with a bearded face who was looming over her seconds ago. She felt somebody grab her hand and shove her to one side just as a jet of green shot an inch away from her ear. She turned to thank her rescuer and she spots a glimpse of Neville's short messy hair before he bolts off in a different direction. Luna continued to run until she felt five other bodies slam into her from the front. It was the rest of the gang.

"Reducto!" Ginny shouted as a death eater flew towards them from down the aisle of shelves. The blast blew it back but also triggered the shelves to begin falling.

"This way"! Harry ordered as he began running. Luna quickly followed him as they slammed through a door. She gasped as the ground opened up below their feet and they began to plummet towards the ground. She closed her eyes, waiting for impact, but found herself hovering an inch above the ground before dropping. As she got to her feet, she was quickly drawn to the whisper of voices coming from the arch just a few feet away from her. She could tell by the way Harry was leaning towards it that he could also hear them. 

The others looked confused and disoriented. A faint rumbling sound made everybody turn around. Luna tightened the grip on her wand and stood in formation behind Harry. What happened next filled her vision with a black smoke then hands grabbed her and she felt them tighten around her throat. She tried to attack her perpetrator, but she could barely move. When she moved her eyes, she could see the others being held back by death eaters with wands at their throats. 

"Give me the prophecy or they die," Lucius Malfoy stepped out of the shadows with a malicious look in his eyes. Harry glances around at his friends.

"Don't do it Harry!" Neville shouts, but Bellatrix silences him with her wand. With shaking hands, Harry places the prophecy in his hands, looking defeated. Harry...you didn't have to do that..not for us. Luna thought. Then she held back a gasp. A man had apparated behind Lucius, Sirius Black by the looks of it. The man Harry had wanted to save. His godfather. 

"Get away from my godson," Sirius spat, punching Lucius across the face. There was a flash of white and the death eater holding her was thrown back against the wall. Immediately, Luna grabs her wand from her pocket and ducks down behind the rocky base where Harry stood. The Order of Phoenix had arrived and they were fending off the Death Eaters. Neville and the others joined her. 

"We have to help them!" Hermione whispered urgently.

"How can we? The Order is barely fending them off too." Ginny whispers back, watching as Tonks battled Bellatrix in the far off corner. Lupin joined her, but Bellatrix turned back into black smoke and started to fly around the room in circles, laughing tauntingly. Then Luna sees another death eater creeping up from besides Ginny. Luna leans back and shoots a red jet at him, blasting him back against the wall. 

"Thanks, Luna!" Ginny says, staring at the unconscious death eater with a hard stare. The rest of them stayed alert, blasting spells whenever they could under the protection of the order. The day, unfortunately, didn't end in the best way. With Sirius dead, Harry had lost the only family he held close. The next day, she spotted him in the hall, while hanging up posters for her missing things, which had been getting stolen over the past few days.

"Are you sure you don't need any help looking?" He asked her.

"No, I'll be alright. I'm sorry about your godfather Harry...the things we lose always have a way of coming back to us, you'll see," She touches his hand lightly and then turns and skips down the hall. 

4/218 

NOTE: I will be rewriting this to develop into a better romance story