Karmagisa ~Rest

Pairing: Karma Akabane, Nagisa Shiota
Warnings: fluffly fluff, Nagisa sleeping over

-=+=-

Nagisa stepped up to the front door of the huge house he'd been to so many times, ringing the doorbell.

"Nagisa-kun~!" Karma greeted cheerfully, drawing out the Japanese honorific they rarely used with each other. They'd said they'd get rid of formalities, so whenever Karma used it it was merely playful. Or teasing, but that was a different story.

"Hello Karma," Nagisa murmured quietly, still exhausted. He'd barely gotten any sleep the past few days due to nightmares dealing with his mom in the past. Hearing this, Karma had finally gotten fed up with watching the younger one suffer for several nights and invited him over to stay the night. Nagisa had refused at first, saying he'd be fine and Karma didn't have to worry, but Karma was adamant. He'd told Nagisa he could either get permission to come over, or Karma would go over there and get permission for Nagisa to come over by force. Nagisa didn't really feel like the second option would be healthy for anyone, knowing how his mom was and how Karma was, so agreed with the first.

Karma embraced the blue-haired boy lovingly, resting his chin atop his soft hair. His fingers rubbed soothingly on Nagisa's back.
"Have you gotten any sleep yet?"

Nagisa buried his his face in Karma's jacket, breathing in the familiar scent. "No," he mumbled, "I don't wanna sleep either. It's too early."

Karma just barely held in a laugh at the smaller's pouty tone, pulling away and grasping Nagisa's wrist to drag him inside. "Lets go watch a movie then. Sound good, Nagisa?"

Nagisa smiled brightly at him, nodding, before turning away. He headed towards the couch. Karma's golden eyes narrowed as he stared at Nagisa's back. He'd easily caught the look of exhaustion in Nagisa's eyes, even if the bluenette only made eye contact for a few seconds. Just how long had he been up these past few nights?

Karma returned to the living room with everything, only to find Nagisa curled up on the couch, resting his head on the armrest. He looked so adorably small, and Karma had to refrain from just dropping the popcorn and movie and just letting his lips wander all over the boy's perfect body.

Meanwhile, Nagisa seemed unaware of the red-head's silent, cat-like approach and shameless staring. Karma frowned again, the realization snapping him out of his fantasy. It was unlike Nagisa to miss him approaching unless Karma was making a careful effort to not be heard. Or if Nagisa was tired, and his senses were weakened.

Karma crossed in front of the boy, feeling Nagisa's gaze shoot to him when he noticed Karma's presence. Karma placed the popcorn on the table in front of them, started the movie, then went to sit on the couch.
Being that it was only them in the house, Karma saw no reason why he couldn't afford to be affectionate to his boyfriend.
He took Nagisa's wrist and gently tugged, causing the younger to look over at him in surprise, willingly and unnoticingly leaning towards him.
Karma allowed a playful grin to dart across his face, before wrapping his arms around Nagisa's waist and tugging him closer.
Nagisa let himself be moved, adjusting so that he was mostly sitting comfortably on Karma's lap. Karma scooted to the corner of the couch, allowing the blue-haired boy to rest his back against the couch arm and his head against karma's chest. Nagisa smiled softly at this. He'd never directly told Karma this out loud, but this was one of his favorite positions to be in with his boyfriend. This was a position he felt the most secure and comfortable in. The fact that Karma had observed this just by focusing on the smaller boy made his heart flutter, and he attempted to snuggle closer to the red-head in thanks, clutching his jacket slightly.

Karma looked down at the smaller form curled in his lap, halfway between an adoring smile and playful smirk on his face. Nagisa was always the cutest while tired. Although... Karma processed a few thoughts quickly in his head. This was more of an appreciative gesture than a tired one. A true smile blossomed on his face at his own observation. It much different than the carefree, mischievous smiles he had, or the malicious ones he had. This one he'd pretty much reserved fully for Nagisa. Nagisa had actually voiced out loud how much he treasured those smiles, and Karma had began to use them slightly more when around the blue-haired boy.
His efforts didn't go unnoticed.

Soon Nagisa felt himself falling asleep in the safety of Karma's sturdy arms after around 20 minutes and frowned, trying to force his eyes open. He shifted so it was easier to see the tv, sitting up more on Karma's lap.

"Nagisa, if you're tired you should rest," Karma suggested, obviously trying to mask the concern in his voice. Normally he'd be teasing the smaller male about letting his guard down from lack of sleep, but this was an exception. He didn't really know how well Nagisa would react to that.

"I'm-" Nagisa broke off into a yawn and cursed silently, knowing he was just causing the red-head to worry about him more and become more adamant about getting Nagisa to rest. Karma's eyes held triumph when he caught the boy yawning.

"Nope. You aren't staying up any longer, and I don't care that it's early." Karma hit pause on the remote, turning Nagisa so he would face him. Nagisa met the older's piercing stare hesitantly.

"But-" Nagisa tried to protest, but Karma cut him off, shaking his head slightly.

"Nagisa-kun, you either sleep here in my lap on the couch or I'll carry you upstairs to sleep in my room. What will it be?" Karma asked, his stubbornness clear, "or I could get sleeping gas and knock you out?"

Nagisa pouted up at him, not wanting to sleep and miss time with his boyfriend. He rolled his eyes at the third option, though he wouldn't put it past the sadistic red-head. Karma stared him down, not backing off.
They held their little staring contest for a bit, until Nagisa looked away with a sulking glare, even though he knew it was only for his health.
Karma felt slight relief at his victory. He might not seem to care about anyone, but when it came to Nagisa, every little thing worried Karma.
"I'll sleep here," Nagisa mumbled into Karma's shirt, barely audible.

Karma hummed in acknowledgment, gently running his fingers down Nagisa's hair, which he'd tugged out of the twin tails to play with during the movie. He'd learned that it relaxed the boy quite easily before sleep to stroke his hair, and if you kept it up for several minutes then stopped, Nagisa wouldn't even notice it. And he'd be much more relaxed, if not asleep.

Nagisa sighed softly in contentment, nuzzling his cheek against the chest of the older boy.
Once the blue-haired assassin had passed out minutes later, Karma moved carefully off the couch, moving so he wouldn't disturb Nagisa too much. He awkwardly fumbled around to move the sheets off the bed before depositing Nagisa on it. The blue-haired boy shifted slightly, obviously searching for the warmth that left him.

Karma glanced towards the clock. They had school tomorrow, and he knew it would only stress the younger one out if he skipped a day. Sighing to himself, he quickly got ready for bed, sliding into bed next to Nagisa.

Karma gently tugged the other male's petite form snug against his chest, wrapping his arms around his torso. The older boy was grateful that Nagisa was somewhat a deep sleeper. He may be always alert and ready for anything when he was awake, but he was practically a rock while asleep.
"Well this was a fun sleepover, wasn't it Nagi?" Karma asked softly to the snoozing boy in his arms. The red-haired male smiled to himself, then pressed a kiss to Nagisa's hair. The blue-haired male would finally be able to get his well-deserved rest here.

-=+=-
I haven't been writing in so long rip skills...
Feedback appreciated :)