six

Dear Aubree,

I had 14 days left.
14 days...

We were watching a movie in your room. Your head was resting on my shoulder and I had an arm around your shoulders.
And I remember.

"Seokjin! What are you doing out here? It's freezing!" you exclaimed, pulling me into your house. It was winter. I was only wearing a simple jacket to keep me warm. I felt numb.
"How long were you there?! You didn't tell me you were outside the whole time!"
"Aubree, I'm sorry," I say. "I'm sorry we fought last night. I didn't mean to start it... I was just worried and scared. Forgive me, please?" I continued, grabbing your hand.
"Seokjin, you waited outside just to apologize? You might get a fever!"
"Aubree..."
You sigh.
"I forgive you, Jin. It's okay. It was a stupid fight anyways," you roll your eyes playfully. I could feel myself blushing.
My feet wouldn't cooperate with me, so I collapsed onto the floor, shaking.
"Jin! Are you okay?!" you yelled, helping me.
"I'm cold..." I say, smiling sheepishly, embarrased.
"Dammit, Seokjin," you held my hand. "Your hand is so cold! You didn't tell me you were there!"
You started lecturing me like I was a baby. I giggle.
"What's so funny, Seokjin?"
"You're cute when you're mad," I chuckle. You playfully hit my arm. "Stop it," you laugh.

"Jin? Are you there?"
14 days until you were leaving me... again. I wish I could turn back time, as cheesy as it sounds.

"Hello?! Earth to Seokjin!" you laugh. I shake my head, snapping back into reality.
"I..." I stopped. A tear went down my cheek. You frown, wiping it away.
"Jin? What's wrong?"
"I don't want you to go."
Your face fell. I can hear your shaky breaths.
"Jin... you know I have to... my parents are waiting for me there," you calmly explain.
"Stay..."
"Jin... I can't..."
I felt my heart shatter again.
"You... can't..." I say slowly.
"Jin, I'm sorry," You said, taking my hand in both of yours.
"Please... Bree, stay here. With me. Please?"
"Jin..."
"You're leaving in 16 days... and '30 days' is up in 14..."
"I know. Seokjin, just... appreciate the time we have left," you said quietly, squeezing my hand.
"I do... it's just... I'll miss you," I say honestly.
"I'll miss you too, Jin."

My heart was breaking into a million pieces.
Why can't you stay?
Stay. Stay. Stay. Please.
Please...

Love,
Kim Seokjin