Hunted 2 | "When do I leave?"

Next chapter!

Please vote and comment!

Miracle xx

____________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 2 - "When do I leave?"

***Luke’s POV***

          As I waited patiently for Director Harris to finish talking to my parents, I tried to think of what it would be like to be on my first major mission. I had had many smaller jobs to do but nothing very big because of the training that all agents had to receive and the fact that I was poisoned on one of the missions and I needed time to recover.

           I didn’t just want to go to prove to the FBI that I was capable to going on a mission and completing it successfully but I wanted to do this because I actually want to help. There are thousands of scumbags all over the world who trick, con and kill people for their own gain and I wanted to make sure that ordinary citizens were safe from these people.

           The doors to the office opened and my parents stepped out. They both smiled at me and gestured that it was my turn to go in.

           When I entered the office, I took a seat behind the desk and waited for the Director to finish signing some papers. He looked up after a moment, leant backwards into his chair and studied me with careful eyes.

           “Luke Johnson,” he said after a full minute. “Your file is very impressive. I have to say that in all my years at the FBI, you’re the most promising agent that we’ve had.”

          That made me smile… until he spoke again.

           “Well… apart from your father.”

           My smile dropped. Of course, I thought bitterly.

           “Nevertheless, I have a mission that I think you’ll be perfect for,” he said.

           That made me perk up a bit. “What is it sir?”

           “It will be an undercover operation which could last several months depending on how long the enemy stays relatively inactive,” he said.

           I nodded and waited for more information. The Director handed me a file and I quickly looked through it.

           There was a picture of a man with short black hair, a square jaw and a good physique on the first page:

Name: Lev Grigori

Age: 24

Family: n/a

Relationships: Kelly Foxe (18)

Details: Lev mainly deals with weapons and drugs but has been involved in mass robbery and prostitution over the years. He has a large gang at his “base” in California and connections all over the world who are more than happy to give him any help they can. The reason he hasn’t been caught is because there’s never been any substantial evidence to bring him in. He covers up his tracks very carefully and is extremely thorough in eliminating any threats.

Your mission is to infiltrate Lev Grigori’s gang by posing as one of its newest members. You must find out any information that could be deemed useful including a significant amount of evidence so that Grigori can be caught red-handed and tried for all of his illegal doings.

          The rest of the file was more in depth detail about the main members of Lev’s gang and a background for my new identity.

           This was definitely a great mission. I had heard about Grigori and how he had managed to escape so many times. Not any more, I thought as I put the file down and looked at the Director.

           “When do I leave?”

____________________________________________________________

Sorry that it's so short!

Please vote and comment on it!

Thanks!

Miracle xx