Hunted 3 | "Watch out!"

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the long wait. Here's another chapter of "Hunted"!

Please read, vote and comment on it!

Thanks

Miracle xx

____________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 3 - "Watch out!"

***Kelly’s POV***

          I was walking through the compound on my way to the Lev’s office. I had been his girlfriend for about 10 months now and I enjoyed the life that I lived. I knew that the work that he did was illegal and hundreds of lives were lost but that didn’t affect me personally so I wasn’t bothered by it. I may seem heartless to you but if you had seen Lev’s anger you wouldn’t question what he does.

           I’ve learnt to live with the constant death and destruction in my life. I don’t necessarily agree with it but it’s… bearable.

           I liked the thrill I got from living a life full of danger. Where any move could get you killed. Where you had to run and hide from the FBI or the CIA all the time.

           I loved the perks too. Being the girlfriend of the biggest mafia boss in the world, you got whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted.

           I was never a material girl before but when I met Lev, I knew that if I wanted to fit into his world I needed to be the type of girl he likes. He likes the dumb, pretty girls who know that she should only speak when spoken to and so that was the girl I had become just so he didn’t hurt me… or worse.

           I turned left at the end of the corridor and saw Lane and Eli talking to each other in hushed tones. When they saw me, they grinned. I winked at them flirtatiously. I loved teasing all of Lev’s men. They all knew that they could never have me and so it made it all the more fun when I showed some sort of interest in them. It was an amusing game to play. It was all I had to do here. I couldn’t leave whenever I wanted like the rest of Lev’s men. I was practically bound to him forever – trapped. It was just easier to try and accept the life that I was in rather than try to disobey Lev whenever I could. The consequences were never good. I had learnt to understand Lev’s way of life and I did see some good qualities within him even though he was pure evil.

           I smiled at Lane and Eli as I got closer to them.

           “Hey baby,” Lane said, looking me up and down.

           “Damn. I swear your legs look sexier every time I see you,” Eli said. “I bet they would look even better wrapped around my body.”

           I laughed at him. “In your dreams.”

           He smiled broadly. “Oh yeah. Every night.”

           I laughed and headed down the corridor again.

           “If you’re looking for Lev, he’s not here,” Lane told me.

           That made me stop in my tracks. I slowly turned around and looked at the two of them. “Where is he?”

           “No idea,” Eli answered. “He left on the jet a couple hours ago.”

           I huffed and tapped my foot impatiently on the floor as I thought of what to do next.

           “I’ll go to his office and wait for him,” I said aloud and then turned to do just that.