Chapter 5

A/N: I'm writing this on my iPod in class so sorry if there are any spelling or grammatical errors. I made it through the first (and hardest) final exam so I'm happy and mentally exhausted at the same time.

Here's some more Johnlock cute stuff to cheer you guys up if your day sucks as much as mine.

John's P.O.V.

~one week after the first kiss~

Things between Sherlock and I have been confusing for the past week. New relationships are always confusing, but with Sherlock, it's much harder. I still can't tell what he's thinking and he still doesn't talk for hours on end.

It's not all bad though. Sherlock can be sweet and caring when he's not busy thinking or working on experiments. Of course, it's his own, weird kind of sweet, but it is genuine. It's been hard for Sherlock because in the past week he's had to adjust to suddenly feeling.

Cases have been interesting the past week, too. We decided that it would be best if we didn't tell anyone for now; especially no one at the Yard. Every time we're at a crime scene and he starts spewing deductions, I have to try really hard to resist leaning over and kissing him.

~later in the flat~

"Johnnnn."

"What is it, love?"

"I still have to get used to you calling me that. Oh, and could you get me my phone. I need to text Lestrade about the case."

"Can't you get it?"

"Busy."

"Fine. You're lucky I'm crazy about you because no one else would drop everything they're doing to make you happy."

"That is why you, John Watson, are extraordinary."

"Before I go get your phone, could you go over everything that makes me extraordinary, exactly?"

"I'm busy, John."

"So am I. Start with the complimenting or I'm not getting it."

"Fine. You are extraordinary because you put up with me all the time. I told you I wouldn't be easy to live with, and here you are. You put up with my violin playing in the middle of the night and my experiments. You think my deductions are amazing. On our very first case, you were willing to kill a man to save me. And... you care about me. That's more than I can say about anyone else in my life and you make me happier than I deserve."

"Your deductions are amazing. And of course I care about you. How could I not? You're my best friend and you're brilliant and... and I think I'm in love with you..."

I don't think I'm in love with Sherlock, I know it. I have never been more certain of anything. I just don't want to scare him off by taking things too fast...

I get up to grab Sherlock's mobile and bring it to him.

"Here, love."

I can't help but wrap my arms around him and kiss him on the cheek. I turn to go back to where I was sitting and Sherlock grabs my hand.

"I think I love you too, John."

I leaned in and pulled Sherlock into a soft kiss.

"Are you sure you're feeling alright? Or maybe my hearing'a going. Did I really just hear Sherlock Holmes say he's falling in love?"

"I feel fine and you heard correctly."

Sherlock was the one to lean in this time. This kiss was deeper and more passionate. I love his man so much. He's infuriating at times, but that doesn't come close to how amazing he is. And he loves me back. When I first realized I had feelings for Sherlock, I never imagined that he could ever have feelings for me, ordinary John Watson.

"John, you're thinking again," said Sherlock with a worried expression.

"I am. It's just because I'm bewildered and happy all at the same time. I feel like I need to pinch myself to make sure this is actually happening."

"I assure you, this is all actually happening."

"And that couldn't make me happier."

I lean in to kiss Sherlock again. This kiss lasts longer than the two before it. It's fueled by newly admitted love and other raging emotions. I'm the one to finally break the kiss and the face Sherlock makes just makes me want to kiss him again.

"So um..." I clear my throat. "You got me a present and I feel bad because I still haven't gotten you one. Is there anything you would like?"

"Something with bees. I love bees."

"Alright. Bees it is, love."

AWWW MORE CUTE JOHNLOCK! I'm just going to make this whole fic really cute and full of fluff. Don't worry I'm not going to make it all angsty and have things get bad and interrupt the cute. 

I made it through my first day of finals and am posting this on Wednesday as promised. The next update will probably be over the weekend (maybe even Friday night ;D ). I love all of you who are actually reading this (especially you lot who have been here since the beginnning) and always want to know what you guys think!

On another note, I'm thinking of starting a new Johnlock project on here after I finish up this one. No idea where im going with it yet, maybe an interesting AU or NSFW ;)))). No idea. I'm also going to start posting some stuff that I've written that's not Johnlock too pretty soon. 

I will see you all next update and have a fantastic rest of the week. 

Grace