Chapter 6

A/N: This chapter is coming to you a little early because I survived finals and wanted to write this since I didn't have any school work I needed to do. 

I've reached nearly 130 reads for this story so far. I'm really excited about that because when I started this, I thought it was going to be bad and no one would read it, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Because of that, I've decided to work a lot harder on this chapter and make it longer. 

I hope you are all still enjoying this and I hope you'll go check out my other really short story that's on here. I love all of you who are reading this and am going to continue this story.

~Grace

Sherlock's P.O.V.

John.

Murders. Cases. Experiments. John.

Everything reminds me of John.

I don't know how to deal with having feelings. Sentiment is completely new to me. Is this what happens to other people when they feel for someone? Do normal people spend all their time thinking about one person? It's hard to focus at crime scenes with John around because all I can think of is his soft smile and the feel of his lips on mine. It's intoxicating and unfamiliar and I have no idea how to control it.

Until now, I thought I was asexual and John was straight. Somehow,what we thought we knew about ourselves just changed when we met. I became softer and he became happier. Since we've been together, we've both been happier. Maybe sentiment isn't a disadvantage after all.

I'm still adjusting to all of the little things about being in a relationsip. The closeness isn't unfamiliar because I've lived with John for over a year now, but things like quick kisses and being called "love". No one's called me "love" since the nanny I had as a child (who only lasted a week). Not even my own mother called me "love". It's weird and always catches me off guard, but it's not in a bad way. I'm actually happy about silly little domestic things. 

John's P.O.V.

I never expected a relationship with Sherlock to be like this. Part of me expected him to just act the same way he always does. I've been pleasantly surprised though. We still work on cases together, but he seems happier when we're working on them. He smiles proudly every time I pick up on a small detail when examining a body. 

I'm not sure where our relationship is going to go from here. Things may just stay the way they are for a while. Do we tell everyone about it? That would require us coming out. I still have no idea if I'm really gay or if it's just Sherlock I'm attracted to. We could start by telling people we trust about it. Mycroft, Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson. They would be happy for us and wouldn't tell anyone we don't want knowing. 

I'm worried about details a lot of the time. Sherlock's never been in a relationship before, so I really don't want to do anything that will scare him off from it entirely. Things will probably progress slowly for a while, but it's Sherlock and I'm willing to wait when it comes to him.

"John."

"Yes, love?"

"Hmmm 'love'. I quite like the sound of that."

"What do you need?"

"Could you come get something for me?"

"I'll be there in a second."

I walk into the kitchen where Sherlock is doing experiments. 

"You better not spill anything. We eat there, Sherlock."

"You eat here, John. I'm too busy to eat, especially real food that involves sitting down at a dining table. There are some specemins in the freezer, could you grab those for me?"

"Bloody hell, Sherlock. Is that a brain?"

"It's a cow's brain. Could you bring  it here?"

"Why do you need a cow's brain?"

"The brain, John. Quickly."

Why do I always just agree to all of Sherlock's requests? Right, because he's Sherlock. I really wish he would stop doing experiments where we eat...

"Right. So since I haven't been spending any time in my own room lately, maybe we could turn it into a lab of sorts. Get a nice table that's not for eating that you can just keep everything on. Maybe a small fridge for all of the miscellaneous body parts. Buy some proper lab equipment so you don't always have to go to St. Bart's."

"That sounds great, John. You would have to go up and down stairs much more than you normally do though, because I would still expect you to bring me everything I need."

"And that is a price I'm willing to pay to keep the raw organs away from the food."

"Tomorrow you should start clearing everything out and I will start putting everything back in. If it will make you happy to get the body parts out of the fridge, then I will happily oblige.

Sherlock's P.O.V.

John want's to let me turn his room into a lab. More importantly, he wants to move into the same room as me. This just proves that he wants this to last as much as I do. Oh, John. It doesn't matter what you get me for Christmas because nothing could make me happier. 

"You alright, love?"

"Just thinking again."

"Alright. Christmas is only a few days away. Mind if I leave for a bit to go buy you a present?"

I wrap John in a hug and pull him as close as I can. I really love him. That's something I never thought I would be able to sat about anyone, but John is special. John. What would I do without him? 

I know this chapter was a little cheesy, but I needed another chapter before things start seriously getting into Christmas mode. I'm probably going to write two more chapters after this (one on Sunday probably and then the other on Christmas Eve). 

I survived the semester so I have more time to write now. After I finish this, I'll start working on another Johnlock fic (I've also been working on another, non-Johnlock story for a while thay will be up sometime in January of February) and update that a few times a week. 

I love all of you who are reading this. If you're interested, go check out my other very short story that is up on my profile.

See you next update!